GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR Expands the APR Plus Limited Powertrain Warranty Program

heiney9

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTi Sport DSG
So oil changes every 5k is required for the warranty to be intact? Or the factory 10k is fine?

It says in booklet, oil changes at 5K miles

Crud_muffin

Ready to race!
Car(s)
e-Golf
^ yep, read that in there too. I think it's sound advice with fuel dilution being so prevalent in oil between 5-10k.

Dysfunktional

Question.. Unless I missed it...

Normally a tcu tune would void the vw power train warranty. So if we have apr+ and want apr's awesome tcu tune does that void the apr+ warranty??

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
Question.. Unless I missed it...

Normally a tcu tune would void the vw power train warranty. So if we have apr+ and want apr's awesome tcu tune does that void the apr+ warranty??

You can get the Stage 1 ECU/TCU suite and it will be warrantied.

Last edited:

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
Yeah lol by saying they have JB4 they're blowing their own spot up lol. But that gets me thinking... JB4 stack on an APR Plus tune. All the benefits of both a tune and a piggyback :)

odessa.filez

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GSW 1.8tsi auto
Wouldn’t the answer be that they have no way of knowing? I thought that was half he point of the JB4...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
no one has proven that "they have no way of knowing"

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
no one has proven that "they have no way of knowing"

I'm sure if you put up a couple of grand someone here will take a day off from work to remove their JB4 and take their car to a dealer, and complain about some drivability problem so they'll scan their car.

odessa.filez

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GSW 1.8tsi auto
I'm sure if you put up a couple of grand someone here will take a day off from work to remove their JB4 and take their car to a dealer, and complain about some drivability problem so they'll scan their car.
if APR decides to exclude coverage for those who have previously piggy-backed, it would be nice of them to not do so for those who jumped on board with the Dinantronics given they are affiliated and given the very coincidental timing of the aggressively priced Dinan closeout and their expansion of APR+

Last edited:

odessa.filez

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GSW 1.8tsi auto
not sure what you mean but I'm simply suggesting "no one can prove it" as no one outside of VW really knows unless they've unencrypted the ecu software completely and understand that code completely.

It could very well be true that piggies can't be detected but we may never know either.

Last edited:

MEM GTI

Ready to race!
I guess man... I’ll just say the collective wisdom of this entire forum is that they can’t be detected. I don’t have one, so not trying to make myself feel better somehow. But if they can be detected, and you have one, the deed is done, so I would guess you were at peace with taking that risk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk