GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR Expands the APR Plus Limited Powertrain Warranty Program

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
B8 S4, MK7 GSW TDI
If you put 93 octane in would it match the numbers on the low torque 93? Since the plus is equivalent to the low torque 91 only difference is 93 octane ?

You'll get a bit more, but it's not designed to match the output of the higher octane program.

This sounds pretty good for the price, Arin!

Perhaps I missed this, but if I was to go with the APR Plus tune and then later decide to upgrade to Stage II, would it be available at the same price as if I was upgrading from a Stage I tune ($149 for 1.8T)? Obviously, I would lose the powertrain warranty, but just looking at potential upgradeability after the powertrain is up.

If you purache the APR Plus tune, it's like owning stage 1. You can get stage 1 (any octane, torque level) at any time, or go to stage 2, Is38, etc, just the same as if you were a stage 1 customer. The only difference is you lose the warranty in doing so.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
You'll get a bit more, but it's not designed to match the output of the higher octane program.

If you purache the APR Plus tune, it's like owning stage 1. You can get stage 1 (any octane, torque level) at any time, or go to stage 2, Is38, etc, just the same as if you were a stage 1 customer. The only difference is you lose the warranty in doing so.

I thought a buyer never owns any of your tunes.

Jedimk7

Drag Race Newbie
Just confirming, but is this California available? [emoji41][emoji106]

Sent via Pide Piper compression app

Crud_muffin

Ready to race!
Car(s)
e-Golf
Thanks, Arin. And just to clarify, when the website says my GTI can, "blast around trucks," we're talking Ford Raptors?

XM_Rocks

Autocross Newbie
Arin,

Any thought of allowing a free or some upgrade cost to this flash to the more powerful Stage 1 once the warranty is spent?

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Any plans to make this available in Canada, eh?

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
Yes.

Arin,

Any thought of allowing a free or some upgrade cost to this flash to the more powerful Stage 1 once the warranty is spent?

tonipepperoni77

Drag Race Newbie
When it comes to stage 1 parts. If we have a different aftermarket catback exhaust it doesn’t void your limited power train warranty. You just would covered the exhaust unless it was an APR. one correct ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nype

Drag Racing Champion

From Greg @ APR...

While we don't have any immediate plans to expand outside of the US market it is definitely possible as a long term plan for us.

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
B8 S4, MK7 GSW TDI
Thanks, Arin. And just to clarify, when the website says my GTI can, "blast around trucks," we're talking Ford Raptors?

Shouldn't be an issue. ;)

Arin,

Yeah, it's free. Switch at any time.

Always possible long term. Lots of things to work through since warranty info isn't the same / handle the same from country to country.

When it comes to stage 1 parts. If we have a different aftermarket catback exhaust it doesn’t void your limited power train warranty. You just would covered the exhaust unless it was an APR. one correct ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We don't allow competitor engine parts, but we make an exception at the catback.