GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR Expands the APR Plus Limited Powertrain Warranty Program

rahtx

Go Kart Newbie
That's correct, it doesn't have to be an APR VW dealership. From the warranty booklet:

"Any Authorized APR Plus Dealer is eligible to make repairs on a vehicle with APR Plus."

As for a sale, I don't know for sure if they apply to Plus. Maybe a rep could answer that. An APR sale ended a couple weeks before I got my APR Plus tune, but if the sale price of the Stage 1 applied to Plus, then I think the difference would be like $75, which is not nothing, but wasn't so much that I regretting not waiting for another sale to come around.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
That's correct, it doesn't have to be an APR VW dealership. From the warranty booklet:

"Any Authorized APR Plus Dealer is eligible to make repairs on a vehicle with APR Plus."

As for a sale, I don't know for sure if they apply to Plus. Maybe a rep could answer that. An APR sale ended a couple weeks before I got my APR Plus tune, but if the sale price of the Stage 1 applied to Plus, then I think the difference would be like $75, which is not nothing, but wasn't so much that I regretting not waiting for another sale to come around.

You need to take it to an APR Plus dealer NOT any independent repair shop. So you better have one close to you, or you're going to have a hellava towing bill. You'll probably need to rent a U-Haul dolly.

kevingt

It’s the APR Plus dealer that was confusing me. I’m near Atlanta and APR’s site plots the APR Dealers. They are all indy shops, not VW. I was just confirming that the location that installs the tune (the indy APR dealer; not VW dealer) is who would do warranty work and I wouldn’t have to tow across country to find a VW dealership that is ALSO an APR dealer.

Crud_muffin

Ready to race!
Car(s)
e-Golf
You need to take it to an APR Plus dealer NOT any independent repair shop. So you better have one close to you, or you're going to have a hellava towing bill. You'll probably need to rent a U-Haul dolly.
The U-Haul dolly thing isn't such a bad idea! Might be faster than some tow dispatchers. Once I was quoted 4 hours on a Sunday morning to go 1.3 miles in the city.