GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

JTM88

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI
Got it up on jacks and ready to do some maintenance tomorrow. First time doing any work in the new garage.

Attachments

• IMG_2409.jpeg
    IMG_2409.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 36
  • IMG_2406.jpeg
    IMG_2406.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 31

Wastegate13

Autocross Champion
What's a cam bridge? I thought thread oil is a leaking valve cover gasket.
Same same but different. Our “valve cover” is also the top half of the camshaft bearing surface. You can’t just pop it off like other cars to reseal it without also doing a partial or full timing chain service.

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Same same but different. Our “valve cover” is also the top half of the camshaft bearing surface. You can’t just pop it off like other cars to reseal it without also doing a partial or full timing chain service.
Oh my. Then again doing the chain together with the gasket makes sense since it's recommended anyway.

the

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI
Put the new PCV in today, torqued her to spec and everything is buttoned up and good. Butt dyno says healthier and happier. I took the opportunity to look at the plugs while I was in there, #1 had a little bit of oil in the bottom of the well, not even enough to saturate the bottom of the well completely. How much of a concern is this? The plugs were changed about 15,000 miles ago... considering pulling the plug and scoping the piston.

I couldn't get a clean photo of my plug, but I am uploading something I found online that looks pretty much exactly the same.

Attachments

• images.jpeg
    images.jpeg
    8 KB · Views: 32