GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Official Unofficial E85 Ethanol Thread

PacDawg

Drag Race Newbie
Does the Stage 2 PR fuel kit require a controller or is it just te Stage 3 that requires a controller?

The walbro 305 pump from PR's stage 2 kit does not need an aftermarket controller and is e85 certified. Only problem is that it doesn't flow that much more compared to stock. The 305 is only good for folks that don't want to need a controller or get a tune for a larger pump like the 450.

PacDawg

Drag Race Newbie
Isn't that the pump they use in the APR kit?

Yes but I believe it is meant to be used in conjuction with MPI.

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Isn't that the pump they use in the APR kit?

It is, but their tunes are all pump or race gas for stage 3+. They recommend Sunoco 260 GT which is E10 with stoich at 14.1. I can;t get that at the pump so I'd be running E85 blends. I bet if you asked them if you could run E50+ on a stage3+ kit they'd say no, probably because the 305 can't support it.

Hoon

Autocross Champion
It is, but their tunes are all pump or race gas for stage 3+. They recommend Sunoco 260 GT which is E10 with stoich at 14.1. I can;t get that at the pump so I'd be running E85 blends. I bet if you asked them if you could run E50+ on a stage3+ kit they'd say no, probably because the 305 can't support it.

Good point.

I forgot that APR hates the best fuel on the planet for street cars.

pieguy

Ready to race!
Only Eurodyne and United Motorsports (UM) can tune for MPI right now. COBB can do HPFP+LPFP. APR has MPI/LPFP support with their Stage 3+ package.

railroader

Autocross Newbie
E85 station went from E85 to ethanol free 91. ethanol full to ethanol null. oof. idiots
Lame

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Mars1

Ready to race!
Several have done that here too, they call it Rec90 though. Ethanol free for boats, RVs etc. That sucks.

I finished about 80% of the PR mpi and lpfp install today. I hope to run full E85 so they better continue to sell the stuff around here dammit.