GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Official Unofficial E85 Ethanol Thread

MK7Boostedbliss

Passed Driver's Ed
Having a very hard time finding it in Vegas anywhere near me. Few rebel stations that do have it are out or removing the pumps ?

Got a buddy in the drag scene asking around for me.

Dad_wagon

Looks like we get good E85 in Nor Cal. I'll still be checking each time I get some. Usually grab 10-12 gallons at a time once per month.

Okay apologize in advance for the noob question. I just discovered that a gas station near my house has e85. I’m about to go is38 on my Alltrack. Can I run the apr is38 93 octane tune and use a blend of 91 and e85 in my tank? If so what should my gallons of each mix be at fill up?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

pieguy

Ready to race!
Okay apologize in advance for the noob question. I just discovered that a gas station near my house has e85. I’m about to go is38 on my Alltrack. Can I run the apr is38 93 octane tune and use a blend of 91 and e85 in my tank? If so what should my gallons of each mix be at fill up?

Use an e85 calculator online or just guess with about 3 gallons per a full fill up

Hoon

Autocross Champion
Personally I'd stick with about 2 gallons/tank with OTS software and no way to datalog.

PacDawg

Drag Race Newbie

I ran e30 (91 blended with e85) on is38 93 tune for while and ran perfectly fine. It trapped 119mph on the strip. Running e30 I'd consider tops on an ots tune though. If you have obd11 you can monitor it to see how it is running just in case.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Personally I'd stick with about 2 gallons/tank with OTS software and no way to datalog.

I just added the gallons refuel amount on mfd. Then just multiply by 0.23 to take into account the 10% ethanol already in gasoline. That should give about e30. Realize that e85 varies greatly, but on ots tune, won't really matter as this calculation will always give you below e30.

Hoon

Autocross Champion
Traced my issues with the Fuel-It kit to the bluetooth module, contacted them to explain everything and request a replacement.

Will keep you guys posted...

Update, sent my analyzer back.

Received a phone call saying they tested the unit and it was defective, new unit is in the mail and they sent me a few bucks via PayPal to cover my shipping expense.

So far their customer service is 10/10. Responded to my initial email on a Sunday (same day it was sent), called to explain what was wrong with my unit, apologize and send a replacement immediately. Good shit.

railroader

Autocross Newbie
Update, sent my analyzer back.

Received a phone call saying they tested the unit and it was defective, new unit is in the mail and they sent me a few bucks via PayPal to cover my shipping expense.

So far their customer service is 10/10. Responded to my initial email on a Sunday (same day it was sent), called to explain what was wrong with my unit, apologize and send a replacement immediately. Good shit.
That's good to know since I was looking at getting it and didn't want another gauge

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

railroader

Autocross Newbie
Finally got the clutch broken in and running e blend again, barrel in my garage still tests good.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Go7R

Hi, want to install the Walbro 450 LPFP F90000267 (Golf 7R with 500 HP).

Can anyone tell what exactly to change in the ECU software.
All say when installing the Walbro 450 kit by Precision Raceworks or by APR it needs modification that the higher elect. power does not burn the stock controller. Can anyone provide information. Up to now it seems too much rumour:). Thanks a lot.

Hoon

Autocross Champion
Hi, want to install the Walbro 450 LPFP F90000267 (Golf 7R with 500 HP).

Can anyone tell what exactly to change in the ECU software.
All say when installing the Walbro 450 kit by Precision Raceworks or by APR it needs modification that the higher elect. power does not burn the stock controller. Can anyone provide information. Up to now it seems too much rumour:). Thanks a lot.

I don't have the programming specifics, but it's not a rumor that it needs programming changes to avoid frying the stock controller.

You can either run an aftermarket controller, or work with a tuner who can properly calibrate the ECU for you.

krisprz

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2018 Golf R 6spd
I plan on running E85 on my mk7.5 golf R down the line. All I need is upgraded injectors, upgraded fuel pump, and a flex fuel sensor, right? Of course, a tune as well. On my 5th gen camaro ss I could have ran E85 on the stock pump and injectors if I was just going to stay basic bolt ons, but I knew I had more mods planned so I decided to upgrade to zl1 fuel pump and zl1 injectors with a gm flex fuel sensor.
I was looking at “Fuel it” flex fuel Kit, and possibly getting the Precision Raceworks injection kit or the APR fueling system upgrade and that includes injectors, pump, and fueling rail. The precision raceworks doesn’t include the fuel pump. Any thoughts? I haven’t seen anything really online about people running full E85.

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
I plan on running E85 on my mk7.5 golf R down the line. All I need is upgraded injectors, upgraded fuel pump, and a flex fuel sensor, right? Of course, a tune as well. On my 5th gen camaro ss I could have ran E85 on the stock pump and injectors if I was justgoing to stay basic bolt ons, but I knew I had more mods planned so I decided to upgrade to zl1 fuel pump and zl1 injectors with a gm flex fuel sensor.
I was looking at “Fuel it” flex fuel Kit, and possibly getting the Precision Raceworks injection kit or the APR fueling system upgrade and that includes injectors, pump, and fueling rail. The precision raceworks doesn’t include the fuel pump. Any thoughts? I haven’t seen anything really online about people running full E85.

fuel it
PR MPI kit
PR 450 Walbro (or Pagparts if you don't want to modify your OEM)