GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Official Unofficial E85 Ethanol Thread

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 R
damn, e85 is ~4.60 around me, compared to 93 @ ~6.00, i'm not so sure going full e would be worth it cut my mileage nearly in half lol

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 VW Golf R
damn, e85 is ~4.60 around me, compared to 93 @ ~6.00, i'm not so sure going full e would be worth it cut my mileage nearly in half lol

But you also get MORE POWERRRR!!!

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
can attest…..full E mileage blows

But you also get MORE POWERRRR!!!
can attest….I can hit plaid

Get on that costco gas life. Should be around 90c-$1 cheaper per gallon
If only it wasn’t 30 min away from me, but good point…. It’s literally THE cheapest around

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 R
hmm we do have a costco account! and one nearby. not sure if they have e but will def check!

Mreed055

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
I pretty much have costco just for the gas alone, but we are like 2 blocks from it so super convenient to stop by. Long lines, but way cheaper, and 0% chance of getting talked to by tweakers like every other gas station in the world it seems.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Was just excited. Getting good at blindly mixing E40.

Screenshot_20220923-114921_WPS Office.jpg

johnnloki

Drag Racing Champion
I bought 2 ea 30 gallon tanks of E98 to add to my E10 94Octane. I was getting 400 kms a tank on E25-E40. I was commuting 120 kms a day. I was hypermiling for nearly half of those tanks so that I could land at a 94 Octane station and be close enough to empty that my pre-measured gas cans of E98 would equal my desired ethanol content.

It seemed less prone to the consequences of heat soak.... but.... I was commuting and driving more like a vagina more often because I was trying to get more distance.

I liked it, but in hindsight- a waste of time and ultimately money for my situation. If I could get 100 octane E40 at a pump at the gas station, I'd do it without blinking- but mixing sort of sucked. It was something else to worry about.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Friggin 45 temps back to hard starts lol