GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Quebster's Neverending Story - 2015 GTI S 6MT - The Good, the Bad, the End... and the Resurrection!

TrueGTI

Go Kart Newbie
My CTS can does exactly what vw671 does. Fuel vapor and has a water downed milky color. One thing I can say is that when I first installed it a year or so ago, for the first few hundred miles it seemed to fill fast. At the time I didn't have anyone to compare with. I initially thought it might have been from a boost leak. After re-doing intake piping it has cut back on filling the can. Who's to say that has anything to do with it. Plus I'm only FBO with Strat. tune. But that pure oil is not right for sure Queb.

Quebster

Autocross Newbie
Last compression / leak down tests were all great a few months ago but will definitely be doing them again after I clean everything up.

Quebster

Autocross Newbie
The black runny substance is combustion blowby that would otherwise end up on your valves etc.

Are you saying all of that is combustion blowby? No way I'm making healthy numbers at the dyno with enough "blowby" to fill a catch can in 2 pulls, lol.

ChrisMk77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 GTI Performance
What type of oil pan do you use? Maybe if not baffled oil pushes up and forward under hard braking plugging the oildrains from the head and forcing it out the PCV.

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion
IMO the Spulen PCV plate is great but the Spulen catch can is ugly..LOL
yeah i see the Spulen CC is a sphere shape, kinda odd when the rest are cyclinders or a box type. But the main question is: is there a big difference in the actual PCV plate itself, seems IE, Spulen, VWR all have a similar one

Quebster

Autocross Newbie
Shoot send it to Blackstone to get a full analysis to see exactly what it is.

It should've arrived there today. So should have something in a couple of days I think. It's going to be bad.

I'm using the VWR can because I had a VWR unit before that worked great until it stopped venting crankcase pressure. Had oil seeping past timing covers, turbo seals, etc until I went back to OEM PCV. No problems with OEM PCV. Then switch to Spulen routed to VWR can, because I already have their can, like it better than the Spulen (bigger, not weird-looking), and have the problems. My understanding the can doesn't make a difference.