GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New Maestro "HoonTune" xD

Hoon

Autocross Champion
I don't touch the way tq is calculated, but regardless it's not an accurate calculation.

That said, if one tune is calculating 430nm and the other is calculating 500nm with no change in how the calculation is made, it's a safe bet that one is making quite a bit more steam.

railroader

Autocross Newbie
When is ur 10 sec pass gettin on here lol did you figure out that kr yet? Tryn the bigger basket?
Probably never since I'll never probably make the drive and put the car on an actual track, the kr problem I think is getting better, maybe one day I'll post a 10's dragy run but that will probably be the extent of it lol,

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Twist1

Autocross Newbie
I think what Digg means is that the torque value corresponds with with a flow value at a certain RPM. You can rescale the air mass table to show 500, but equates to 10 PSI if you wanted. You'd tell the ECU to command 500, and it would actually only make the turbo produce 10 PSI, but your logs would show torque 500. I *think* you can even make the boost taper like crazy and still show 500 if that's what the table states. You'd simply adjust your airflow values in the 500 column to taper, and then command 500 through the whole rev range. That's why the torque number *can* be meaningless.

Probably never since I'll never probably make the drive and put the car on an actual track, the kr problem I think is getting better, maybe one day I'll post a 10's dragy run but that will probably be the extent of it lol,

I know the set up could do it! Need to come over to the dark side (cough* WR)

Hoon

Autocross Champion
Just to clarify, when I said one tune to another that's limited to the same type of tune. Can't compare that number in anyway between different turbos, etc. What I meant was like an ED stage 2 Maestro file vs a Custom stage 2.

I know the set up could do it! Need to come over to the dark side (cough* WR)

He had the power to do it before the knock issue, just needed a cleaner launch.

He trapped like 128 on a farm road in the desert with like 105 degree ambient, full weight. There's no doubt it was making over 500whp before it decided to be an asshole.

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
I believe you. The videos don't lie. ;)

Thank you

I can confirm that comparing them in zap shows a curve or line that I definitely feel in the seat. Even if it can be tricked I feel the difference for sure :)

Gvazquez

Go Kart Champion

I saw you sold your 525 lpfp. Did you end up going with a brushless setup or pagparts pump?

railroader

Autocross Newbie
I saw you sold your 525 lpfp. Did you end up going with a brushless setup or pagparts pump?
Pagparts kit

MadMen

Ready to race!
I'm on the fence with MPI. I figured maybe it would get rid of my KR issues also. But if it still happens with MPI, I'll save the expense.

Heck, I'm running E55 on Autotech HPFP and a 450 pump, and see virtually no drop in rail pressure. I'm gonna keep increasing the E content until I see a drop.

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
I'm on the fence with MPI. I figured maybe it would get rid of my KR issues also. But if it still happens with MPI, I'll save the expense.

Heck, I'm running E55 on Autotech HPFP and a 450 pump, and see virtually no drop in rail pressure. I'm gonna keep increasing the E content until I see a drop.

Full E85 is where it's at, man! Once you go corn, you'll never switch back.

Twist1

Autocross Newbie

thats the spirit.

saw the razor lined edge at e53 here. thinking about just running a hpfp for a cheap loaner fix to prevent corn withdrawal with the bigger snail later and more E now.

railroader

Autocross Newbie
thats the spirit.

saw the razor lined edge at e53 here. thinking about just running a hpfp for a cheap loaner fix to prevent corn withdrawal with the bigger snail later and more E now.
I have my stock S3 one you can buy and put an autotech in it

Hoon

Autocross Champion
thats the spirit.

Put that money towards proper fueling. :)