GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New Maestro "HoonTune" xD

Twist1

Autocross Newbie
--- The tune was faster than my is38 MT car I had before this.

Gewd Sheet Hoon :D:D:D

Attachments

• IMG_20190811_164712.jpg
    IMG_20190811_164712.jpg
    158.5 KB · Views: 1,242
Last edited:

-Dutch-

Drag Race Newbie
Good shit. I got to drive Hoon's car :D while he logged to wrap up the tune so I helped.

Twist1

Autocross Newbie
Good shit. I got to drive Hoon's car :D while he logged to wrap up the tune so I helped.

Haha thanks dutch! It's pretty impressive for an is20 for sure. I'm trying to run my friends is38 Apr gti with similar mods but MT so that should be a good one!

Hoon

Autocross Champion
When you add up:

1) Tin Can
2) Slicks
3) Ethanol
4) DSG
5) nofucksgiven

The result is outrunning shit you definitely shouldn't. Nice job representing the baby turbos Twist. Listening to that awesome sounding big single turbo 335i and watching a silly stock turbo MK7 stay dead nuts with it made me laugh out loud.

Twist1

Autocross Newbie
Always wondered how far tin can has Twist gone?

Not too crazy. It's a heavy model like 3250 lbs without driver verified cat scales. So everything on the inside basically and some bits of catback. Still above 3000 lbs without a doubt tho.

I am going to take sunroof and assembly out and replace with tinted plexiglass. That's the only variable on all my cars that explains the weight. I need to get a good seat and lighter battery and it should be knocking on 2900s. They are not as light as ppl think

Twist1

Autocross Newbie
So not like door panels and carpet full batshit crazy? I hear hoods are pretty heavy. :D

You couldn't pry my sunroof out of my cold dead hands. Love it.

I love it too but this car is about to go down the rabbit hole if it holds together so might as well embrace it xD

If I recall the 4th gen was actually same weight as the golf with 450whp and that nitrous 6.0 powerband, so Hune tune is def making some power.

What's strange is the vette actually beat him by a car on the 50 but I was spinning till the end until the tires were really really hot, then I ran vette with best launches of night.

Overall fun times and I'll update this thread with more comparisons. We have a little bit more power to squeeze out too :)

Last edited:

ChrisMk77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 GTI Performance
So not like door panels and carpet full batshit crazy? I hear hoods are pretty heavy. :D

You couldn't pry my sunroof out of my cold dead hands. Love it.

It is time somebody makes a mk7 buggy out of a wrecker, imagen a 400whp full kill is20 1500 pound cart. :D