GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New Maestro "HoonTune" xD

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
What IAT droppers are you referring to? IAT is probably one of the biggest enemies of these cars due to ECU timing pull when it gets a little warm.

And then some weight reduction and iat droppers other than that all the common shit. These cars don't hook up worth shit so when I try to I just put r6s 225/40/17 on Oz's but it gets violent. DSG is a good chunk of it I'm sure as well, most of these cars are manual and makes a big difference

railroader

Autocross Newbie
What IAT droppers are you referring to? IAT is probably one of the biggest enemies of these cars due to ECU timing pull when it gets a little warm.
Water/meth

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

railroader

Autocross Newbie
That seem to be the answer when it comes to the IS20 these days. :D
Has nothing to do with turbo size, just one of the most effective ways to keep iats in check beyond what an aftermarket ic does,

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
Yeah, water/meth helps the engines with the smaller turbos punch above their weight class.

Does anyone know if any tuning company has access to the temp/timing compensation tables?

Serious question:
Why isn't nitrous a thing for cars that want the most out of straight line performance? Assuming the car has enough fueling, will the car's closed loop fueling work with a small dry shot?

Has nothing to do with turbo size, just one of the most effective ways to keep iats in check beyond what an aftermarket ic does,

Cliff p.

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'17 Golf R DSG
Yeah, water/meth helps the engines with the smaller turbos punch above their weight class.

Does anyone know if any tuning company has access to the temp/timing compensation tables?

Serious question:
Why isn't nitrous a thing for cars that want the most out of straight line performance? Assuming the car has enough fueling, will the car's closed loop fueling work with a small dry shot?

There are a few folks around here planning to run some staged wet shot goodness in the not too distant future ;) it’s about keeping torque in check low in the rev range without creating windows [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Desslok

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Rabbit
In regards to nitrous, would an intercooler sprayer be an alternative to injecting methanol? Just for super cooling the IC, not dumping NOS in there.

Last edited:

Cliff p.

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'17 Golf R DSG
In regards to nitrous, would an intercooler sprayer be an alternative to injecting methanol? Just for super cooling the IC, not dumping NOS in there.

If you want to cool the IC, use a cryo2 kit. Cheaper than a nitrous kit, and won’t make your intercooler giggle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Twist1

Autocross Newbie
I agree with cliff. I can send u some pics if you want basically I have a fat nozzle (made for inline 6 meth usage like a 300 lb/min) ran with one line to the cold side end tank. It's aimed at the very edge of the tank with the majority hitting the core/fins. I have a very small tank bolted to the engine mount that runs off an extremely rudimentary controller (it's like circa 2000 lol). This was rigged up as a joke with friends to test for shits n giggs but it's stayed on because i do notice about a 2-4* different in initial boost iats. Peak drop is about the same without its usage however.

However I don't use this very often as I don't Hoon during the day. It has been 97* here. I don't get Into boost with that much heat ur just asking for problems.

On my first mk7 I had a fmic and would keep a small cooler full of ice and a spray bottle that screwed Into place of where the spare tire is supposed to sit. I would take the icey 80/20 mixture and hose the fmic down and n hot days and it made a HUGE difference for about 15 minutes. Helped heat transfer a lot. Credit due to raph (wolf) for this cheat.

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
2-4 Degrees is a bit disappointing. I guess if you're near timing pull threshold, that 2-4 degrees could make all the difference. I'd love to see a pic of video of the sprayer in action. =)

I agree with cliff. I can send u some pics if you want basically I have a fat nozzle (made for inline 6 meth usage like a 300 lb/min) ran with one line to the cold side end tank. It's aimed at the very edge of the tank with the majority hitting the core/fins. I have a very small tank bolted to the engine mount that runs off an extremely rudimentary controller (it's like circa 2000 lol). This was rigged up as a joke with friends to test for shits n giggs but it's stayed on because i do notice about a 2-4* different in initial boost iats. Peak drop is about the same without its usage however.

However I don't use this very often as I don't Hoon during the day. It has been 97* here. I don't get Into boost with that much heat ur just asking for problems.

On my first mk7 I had a fmic and would keep a small cooler full of ice and a spray bottle that screwed Into place of where the spare tire is supposed to sit. I would take the icey 80/20 mixture and hose the fmic down and n hot days and it made a HUGE difference for about 15 minutes. Helped heat transfer a lot. Credit due to raph (wolf) for this cheat.

Twist1

Autocross Newbie
A lot of the extra little stuff like that. (Over filling oil, sprayer, air scoops, port matched outlets like TMD or exhaust side are things that give minor minor gains by themselves but add up to a lot.

Another big weekend coming up. Since I was doors with a 500whp big single 335, now the big race is gonna be a 485whp n54 on stock twins. The power band n the stockers is gonna make it much harder to stay with imho. I WILL GET A GO PRO I promise lol

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
A lot of the extra little stuff like that. (Over filling oil, sprayer, air scoops, port matched outlets like TMD or exhaust side are things that give minor minor gains by themselves but add up to a lot.

Another big weekend coming up. Since I was doors with a 500whp big single 335, now the big race is gonna be a 485whp n54 on stock twins. The power band n the stockers is gonna make it much harder to stay with imho. I WILL GET A GO PRO I promise lol

Good luck.

Twist1

Autocross Newbie
Welp I know y'all gonna hate me but instead of hooning this weekend I finally was able to get into a detailer I've been waitlisted 2 months for.

Pics incoming but it looks straight up like black chrome.

Whole car deep washed, alcohol, cut and correction, wet sand orange peel, blend my wrecked door, buffed and polished then 2 layers of ceramic that are still curing. It needed it bad but turned out amazing.

Deep pearl black is such a fascinating paint. It looks anywhere from black chrome to a purple/blue sheened black. When polished it looks pretty cool!