GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

3dr GTD DSG in Tungsten Silver

Stonefish74

Ready to race!
Red Calipers!

I was born in Bury… Lived in Radcliffe and Prestwich before moving to Lancaster!

Have you tried the front fog lights in the dark yet?
I’ve only got in it once in the dark of night and didn't actually get out of the car to look at them! I was too busy admiring the ambient stuff!! I’ve got the lights on Auto so could really do with playing with them some more, never touched the foggers!

How do you find the sport and sound pack? was it worth adding the option.
Think the Sport and Sound is decent value… £255.00 for red calipers and the amusement of the sound in sport mode! So yeah if I was doing it all again they would be going back on! If coloured calipers were an option on their own I think people would do it for a similar price, they might moan about it! #vanityoption

Front Wheel.jpg
Red Calipers on the GTD only with Sport and Sound package... Even sneaked in a mudflap just for the haters! :D

Stonefish74

Ready to race!
Enjoying the Sun!

VV GTD Beach.jpg
I had a stroll along the beach.. came back to this!!! #teamtungsten :D

Stonefish74

Ready to race!
Wined and Dined!

I broke the 1000 mile mark yesterday so will officially be changing my driving style to my more aggressive foot down method. I'm not entity sure what looser means when others have made the comment but the GTD does feel that way as the miles have ticked off! Giving it big licks might be harder than I expect given the GTDs calming character beneath the 180bhp, my Corolla matched it in horses but in a very angry way!!! The GTDs power is much more refined and with gadgets like the ACC, DSG and Auto Hold really take the stress away from daily driving! It's not all been trips to the shops and driving gloves (I don't have gloves!) We do have some very fast B roads here in Lancashire, classic boy racer country! I've been breaking in the GTD since around the 800 mile mark on these hidden gems. I love the Sport mode and the cars handling in these conditions, damn it sticks to the road and holds the gears squeezing out the power. I think you would have to be a real knobber or on a track to push a MK7 past it's limits and feel any real loss of control (auto journalist might call this a lack of playfulness, but they drive Porches and don't have to pay for it when it flys into a hedge!) I can only imagine how much fun the GTI PP owners are having!!!

Long Term.jpg

1000 mile(ish) display... Not sure if this is good or bad as I've never owned a diesel before? I've not really been driving with Mpg in mind as you've probably guessed! All I know is the Corolla would manage around 25 if I was lucky... and GTD blows that away in performance, style and enjoyment!

Golf watch... Got passed by a Carbon Grey GTI on the M6 at the Leyland junction... If you're on here... Nice car mate, drive it like like you stole it! Enjoy :D

Stonefish74

Ready to race!

First chip in the paint... Door hit a stone wall while I was mucking about! Only small but I know it's there!!! [emoji22]

Stonefish74

Ready to race!
General GTD'ness

I’ve been getting some good use out of the GTD lately as my work has been taking me to York. The A65 and A59 are pretty fun guess that’s why they picked them for the opening stage el tour de france! If you've got to get across the country it's a nice drive... especially in sport!

Route.jpg

I’ve even found time to clean it again… big move for me 2nd wash. Helps when my mate has a garage with loads of valeting equipment, he had some acid stuff that got rid of all the bugs and brake dust a treat! Should have taken a before pic, geez it was dirty!

Car Wash.jpg
Still loving the colour... not seen another Tungsten yet?

GTD badge.jpg
Soapy picture!

In love with this Discover Pro… even gives 3D mapping in some places… handy in York as I was clueless, never gonna be lost again!

York.jpg

Stonefish74

Ready to race!
Driving mode test!

It's safe to say at 1861 miles and 2 car washes I've now run in my GTD! I've decided while stuck in traffic and poking at buttons to give the different modes a chance, since the initial 800 miles only Sport has been getting any action and I'm slightly interested what the others have to offer! So I'm going to run the car from full to Amber fuel warning light (at which point I'll look for a fuel station) in the following modes, Eco, Normal and Sport recording the fuel efficiency data from the in car display (exciting I know!!!). It's going to be impossible for me to drive in perfect test conditions with the exact same routes, traffic and weather. To combat this I will just drive in my normal style with no special consideration for the results on my usual mix of A,B, city centres a Motorways. I'll be using the AC and but the interest of some level of control I'll be leaving it on 18c... Not overly scientific but let's see what info gets thrown out!!!

Going for Eco mode first, guess it sets the bench mark for efficiency and gets it out of the way, it will likely never see action ever again!!! :D

Soulman B

Ready to race!
Have to say Stonefish that your GTD looks awesome. My GTD is due to be built next week and is in Reflex Silver. Again, gone for quite a few options, Leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DCC and Nav. Keep looking at the tracker although I know its not gonna move until next week. The Mrs is letting me drive her Focus Titanium X which is nice, but I have not driven a Golf for 3 month, so looking forward to wet myself on the 01st Sept.

Stonefish74

Ready to race!
Have to say Stonefish that your GTD looks awesome.
Thanks Barry... the tracker is useless it probably won’t move till it’s sat in a port, then you'll be driving it before anything else happens! My misses has a silver focus as well… the GTD is amazing in comparison! I guarantee you're gonna love it especially with those specs, look forward to seeing some pics when it comes. I was going for Reflex Silver until the very last minute! :D

mon2s

Ready to race!
Going for Eco mode first, guess it sets the bench mark for efficiency and gets it out of the way, it will likely never see action ever again!!! :D

I'm prepared to bet you'll be back in Sport mode very soon. If not, you are impressively stubborn - I definitely couldn't last a tankful in Eco!!.

I stuck with Eco and Normal for just a couple of trips before setting Individual mode based on Sport engine and everything else Normal.

I didn't see the tiny economy benefit worthy of losing so much responsiveness. 2700 miles in and very happy.

I'll watch your experiment with interest though.

Simon

1969Trojan

Great stories - I collect my Tornado Red on Tuesday with the sound & sport pack and nav - I've listened to some video clips of the additional exhaust tone is it noticeable outside of the car - it's sounds very throaty!

Stonefish74

Ready to race!
WTF have I got myself into?

I'm prepared to bet you'll be back in Sport mode very soon. If not, you are impressively stubborn
Just been to the take away! What have I done drives like shit on the town run in Eco, feels like it's broken! I am stubborn and now it's a challenge!!! I figure I’ve got every other tank of fuel to Sport the hell out of it!!! :eek:

it's sounds very throaty!
Hell yeah it is… not even bothered it’s from a speaker, sounds great!!! I can’t wait to drain this tank on Eco, Got trips to York and Liverpool this week and a short holiday! might be filling up again in mid August!?! :confused: lol

Stonefish74

Ready to race!
Good reason for leather seats... The poodle was a right mucky bugger today!!!

Chris43

Go Kart Champion
Oi dog - In the back!

You must really love your dog to let it crap up your lovely leather interior

I got a seat cover from Amazon for our four legged mud magnet. It hooks round the head restraints and has slots in to allow his harness to be plugged into the seat belt thingy. If hes really muddy the cover can be hooked over the front seats as well forming a trough.

All that said my preferred options is that he travels in the wife's Up! ;-)