GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. 1

Western PA: Enkei Kojins 17x8 with Michelin Pilot AS3+ Tires

FS: Western PA: Enkei Kojins 17x8 with Michelin Pilot Sport Tires I'm selling a set of Enkei Kojins 17x8, 5x112 pattern, and 45mm offset (flow formed barrels, 19lb each) wrapped in Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ tires with 4k miles on them (the tires have a 45k mile warranty). The wheels also come...
  2. 1

WTB in West PA: OEM Austin Wheels with Tires

Found Wheels
  3. 1

Pitt Area: '15 GTI, S, LP, DSG, 21k mi, Mostly Stock and Mint Condition

[Delete Please] Thread closed.
  4. 1

VCDS Micro-Can

Nevermind.
  5. 1

FS in Pittsburgh area (Cranberry): Ultimate Racing Downpipe

I have an Ultimate Racing downpipe for sale with the metal substrate catalyst and O2 sensor extender options. I've only had it on the car for 5 months before removing it and putting it up for sale. I'm asking 300 obo and for now, and am open to shipping as well. Note this DP, with these options...
  6. 1

AWE Touring Edition Catback Exhaust

SOLD!!!
  7. 1

Tire Size to Run on 17x8 Wheels

I purchased a set of 17x8 +45 offset Enkei Kojins two weeks ago and will be wrapping them in some suitable rubber in the coming months. This will replace my winter setup currently on the car. I was thinking of getting a set of 235/45 tires but read somewhere in the forums of someone getting...
  8. 1

UR Downpipe Just Came In!

Decided i hated how quiet my car became after getting rid of my APR downpipe, so i picked up this UR downpipe while they were having their black friday weekend sale.
  9. 1

FS: OEM GTI Austin Wheels with Pirelli Tires

Up for sale are my OEM GTI wheels and tires (I currently have my snow setup on the car). The wheels are essentially perfect except for the one flaw that was polished out of the wheel, see photos including close up. The tires have approximately 12k miles on them. Using the infamous penny test...
  10. 1

VCDS Track/AutoX Mods

I was thinking today how it would be convenient to find all of the VCDS mods that autoxers and track goers would find useful in one thread location. Torque Limiter Removal http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21888 ECS Off...
  11. 1

BBKs that clear 17-inch wheels

I see that ECS sells a reasonably priced BBK from a CC vr6 4-motion. They are 345mm. Since the PP brakes that are 340mm will clear 17-inch wheels, will the extra 5mm make this kit too big for aftermarket 17-inch wheels?
  12. 1

First Oil Analysis Results

Overall the results are about average, and where i'd expect. The only outlier is the water content. As noted by the analyst, my short commute and recent lack of any long trips is probably the main contributor. I wonder how much the plastic valve cover it to blame as i'd imagine that that is a...
  13. 1

Any Functional Benefits to Springs/Dampers?

As the title says, aside from aesthetics does anyone notice a functional improvement to aftermarket springs and dampers vs OEM? Better lap times or more cornering force? Reason i ask is i have a hard time believing that these lowering kits would do much good without expensive accessories used to...
  14. 1

Neuspeed and H&R sway bars

Question for those who have ran both the 24 mm H&R RSB and 25 mm Neuspeed. Did you notice an appreciable difference between the two when driving? Did you notice any squeaks or other unpleasant noises from either aftermarket bar? Thanks
  15. 1

APR Downpipe FS, Pittsburgh Area

As the title says, i have an APR downpipe for sale. I'm going to start autoxing a bit more regularly and the downpipe puts me into a class that i'm not able to compete in without big money. I've had the down pipe for one year and put about 10k miles on it. I have all of the parts including...
  16. 1

Budget OEM 17s

I'm curious if there's any interest in discussing 17 inch OEM wheel options for those looking for a weekend track/autox setup? With the assumption that OEM wheels are generally durable and cheap since they are easy to come by used, are there any lists floating around with 17 inch oem vw and audi...
  17. 1

DSG VCDS Tweak?

I'm curious if anyone is aware of a way to get rid of the clutch slip that occurs when you first release the brake pedal while in drive? The behavior i'm after is for the clutch to not start engaging until i start applying throttle input. Is that a possible tweak to be achieved using the VCDS tool?
  18. 1

Rust Protection with Steel Wheels

I just got my winter wheel/tire setup delivered yesterday. They're a set of General Altimax tires on 16-inch steel wheels. I got a set of hub caps with the steel wheels as well for some added protection, but I was wondering if there's anything else done to protect the area exposed by the center...
  19. 1

Secondary Benefits of Tune

So i've read plenty on here about the various tunes, along with claimed benefits marketed on each tuners website. But it seems like the main focus of most discussions involve 1/4 mile times and dyno plots. However, i'd like to see a discussion comparing the secondary benefits. Things like...
  20. 1

Question for the tuners

I've noticed that this car eats through quite a bit of fuel when you first start it from cold. Enough fuel in fact that even with a catted APR downpipe, I can smell the fuel vapor in the air during the first minute or two after initial start. Plus with the DP I can hear all of the gurgling and...