GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by gn4rwhals

1. G

What did you do to your mk7 today?

I do have another MK7, I picked up a 2017 Golf Sportwagen 4 Motion, DSG with 9700 miles on it for 19.5k out the door. My 2005 TDI finally started to show its age at 174k miles, I needed a new daily because the TDI was not going to make it through the summer. Honestly no idea what I'm doing...
  2. G

Bought another one. Debating getting silly with this one, or keeping it stock.
  3. G

APR - Now Owned by Driven Performance (Dinan / Hurst etc.)

http://www.goapr.com/news/2017/08/02/apr-joins-driven-performance-brands/ Looks like APR has a new owner, same parent as Dinan and Hurst. Interesting developments ahead.
  4. G

COBB Protuning - Dyno / E-Tune / 3rd Party OTS

I know I don't own my GTI anymore but I'm still very active in the VW community, I figured I start this conversation on COBB tuning. Lets start a list of dealers who can "protune" using COBB, generally there are 3 levels. Dyno Tune - You get strapped to a Dyno and then tune the car live using...
  5. G

Show Us Anything BUT your MK7

WRX goes here:
  6. G

gn4rwhals's GTI Part Out - JB1, APR Downpipe, Forge Twintercooler, P3 Gauge, etc.

I recently traded in my MK7 GTI for a 2017 WRX, all part listed are in working order and fit on a MK7 GOLF/GTI. If you are interested in multiple items let me know and we can work out a deal. All associated hardware is present for these items as they were just taken off last week. JB1 with...
  7. G

KESSY - Exploited, VW keys cloned.

Was checking my local tech news and found this article. http://www.zdnet.com/article/millions-of-vw-cars-at-risk-wireless-hack-lets-crooks-clone-volkswagen-keys-at-100m/ Owning a vehicle with KESSY, this does concern me quite a bit.
  8. G

Lets figure out whats wrong with my car! - Theory / Wild Speculation Inside.

Hello all, It's time for one of these again, since I have literally 1-2 people I can talk to in the local VW/Audi scene about car problems I figured I'd turn to the internet... I know this could be devastating and I could have cancer by the end of this. I'll start with the "power" mods...
  9. G

I had the CTS Turbo one for a minute, not a bad piece but the noise got old (at least to me).
  10. G

Garage Clean-out Sale - Performance Parts! - Intake, Downpipe, Turbo Pipes, DV's!

Hello all, All parts listed are still for sale, will ship to the lower 48 only. If you see a few things you like PM me and we can make a deal. These parts have all ran on my car and are in good working order. Confirmed fitment on 2015/2016 MK7 GTI Models. Lighting Package Chrome Grill w/ cut...
  11. G

Metro Detroit Area - GTG

Hey guys, just wanted to start a new thread for this. Nenad and I were looking to get more MK7/VW owners to meet up once a week in a location that is central to all of Metro Detroit. I think we could get a good turn out if we can hash out a good meeting place, time, day of the week etc. So far...
  12. G

Race Ramps - Anyone used them?

I'm thinking about picking up a set of race ramps instead of jacking my car up every time I want to work on it. Has anyone used these or something similar to do work on any car? http://www.raceramps.com/2-piece-67-inch-race-ramps.aspx I have a feeling this would make a downpipe install a breeze.
  13. G

Drove it stock for the first time in 2 years.
  14. G

Unitronic Unlocked the 2016 ECU codes - Uniconnect+ supported.

Just as the title says, looks like Unitronic got it all figured out. https://www.unitronic-chipped.com/blog/port-flashing-for-2016-golfr-and-s3/#more-6827 I'd still shoot them an email to verify your ECU code before buying.
  15. G

Possible journey back to stock - Fun things happened today.

I have been driving the GTI all weekend, I just got the car out of storage a few weeks ago and have been driving it on nice days. Yesterday and today I got to open it up a bit and admittedly the car did seem "slow" but that could be my mind playing tricks on me. So far I really haven't had any...