GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Unitronic Unlocked the 2016 ECU codes - Uniconnect+ supported.

wy2sl0

Drag Race Newbie
Pretty sure I am going to go the Unitronic route and upgrade from the JB1. I would rather run less boost.

PacDawg

Drag Race Newbie
Quick question. Why would someone go unitronic verses eurodyne. They both can be flashed at home but ED is cheaper and comes with the different tunes free. The ED tcu tune can also be purchased for just $375 more when ED ecu tuned. For UNI it looks like it follows the same model as APR and have to purchase the different tunes. Is performance and support better with UNI?

bluekid99

Drag Race Newbie
Quick question. Why would someone go unitronic verses eurodyne. They both can be flashed at home but ED is cheaper and comes with the different tunes free. The ED tcu tune can also be purchased for just $375 more when ED ecu tuned. For UNI it looks like it follows the same model as APR and have to purchase the different tunes. Is performance and support better with UNI?

theres a vid of ED vs UNI on youtube both stage 2 ED pulls but uni gets it top end and walks away

gn4rwhals

Go Kart Champion
Unitronic isn't dumping boost, either are GIAC or REVO really from what I've heard.

I know Unitronic is not hitting the boost levels that APR and Eurodyne are doing hence the lower torque values.

Again, don't own the tune (yet) but Unitronic has chimed in a few times here and said they aren't running high boost when compared to other tunes.

I also got this from Patryk at Unitronic today regarding plugs, interesting note:

"NGK BKR8EIX Spark Plugs. I do not know why they dont show up for a MK7 GTI on the NGK website but we have ran vehicles with those spark plugs without any issues. As for Denzo Spark Plugs, if the spark plug is correctly gaped to OEM specs and heat range only being 1 Step Colder, you should not have any issues running those Spark Plugs."

PacDawg

Drag Race Newbie
Unitronic isn't dumping boost, either are GIAC or REVO really from what I've heard.

I know Unitronic is not hitting the boost levels that APR and Eurodyne are doing hence the lower torque values.

Again, don't own the tune (yet) but Unitronic has chimed in a few times here and said they aren't running high boost when compared to other tunes.

But both ED and APR have low output versions of their tunes so wouldn't those be comparable?

gn4rwhals

Go Kart Champion
But both ED and APR have low output versions of their tunes so wouldn't those be comparable?

Not exactly, you would have to do a powerband comparison preferably on the same day at the same dyno on the same car for it to be accurate.

APR only has the low output option at Stage 1, ED just has regular and high torque at Stage 1.5 and 2.

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

Ready to race!
Yea, some people prefer the timing/fueling based tune of a Unitronic instead of the boost heavy tune of a Eurodyne. I cross shopped both.

I'm missing out on a few pounds of torque, but on a FWD platform am I really going to miss them?

Stage 1+ makes my car faster than any New England road can really handle safely, which is frustrating honestly.

Plus, this is my daily driver so I'm really thinking about longevity and wear.

I'd like to get a few more miles out of it before I'm "forced" to upgrade to an IS38 [emoji48]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk