GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Metro Detroit Area - GTG

gn4rwhals

Go Kart Champion
Hey guys, just wanted to start a new thread for this.

Nenad and I were looking to get more MK7/VW owners to meet up once a week in a location that is central to all of Metro Detroit. I think we could get a good turn out if we can hash out a good meeting place, time, day of the week etc. So far Tuesday's/Thursday's are looking good for me, just not sure on a meeting location.

A few suggestions on locations:

- Royal Oak - Maybe a parking garage or lot that is free after a certain time, bars and stuff to do after.

- Novi - Fountain Walk is open late, there are bars we can hang at afterword.

- Ferndale - Might be a long shot, but could work.

- Canton Area - Not from around there but could work, maybe on Ford Rd. somewhere?

Thoughts on this?

Tone1

Ready to race!
Wednesdays would be best on my end, but should be able to swing some Thursdays depending on time. As far as location, I think Royal Oak or Ferndale definitely have the most to offer. Novi may end up being the most central, but kinda boring and commercial as far as actually hanging out after. Weekly meet would definitely be cool hope this takes off.

gn4rwhals

Go Kart Champion
Wednesdays would be best on my end, but should be able to swing some Thursdays depending on time. As far as location, I think Royal Oak or Ferndale definitely have the most to offer. Novi may end up being the most central, but kinda boring and commercial as far as actually hanging out after. Weekly meet would definitely be cool hope this takes off.

For sure, I'd like to get a small local VW meet going even if we just start with the MK7 people.

DrvUMad

Count me in for Novi or even Canton. Tuesday's and Wednesdays are best for me, but I could make anything work. Royal Oak/Ferndale are too far out there!

Stage2Sasquatch

Go Kart Champion
- Royal Oak - Maybe a parking garage or lot that is free after a certain time, bars and stuff to do after. This would be solid. There's a lot of places around the area and a TON of bars/Restaurants and it's close to Woodward.

- Novi - Fountain Walk is open late, there are bars we can hang at afterword.
Yeah minus B-dubs and JD's Kart racing there isn't too much to do there. That being said I'll put a few beers on the line if anyone can beat me at JD's racing ;)

- Ferndale - Might be a long shot, but could work. Never been, but I hear it's a lot like Royal Oak

- Canton Area - Not from around there but could work, maybe on Ford Rd. somewhere? Not from around there either so I have no idea

I'm down to do something weekly. I have night class on Tuesdays and Thursdays, so those days will always be no-go's for me. Monday's can be iffy too. Wednesdays or Fridays would probably be best for me. Also the MK6 guys are trying to get a Detroit area meet together. Maybe we could do something with them since we have basically the same car just faster with more tuning potential hehe

Last edited:

m.uddin81

Im usually free around 6ish. Doesn't really matter where to meet I don't mind the drive.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

A2R

Go Kart Newbie
Novi, they have a Tilted Kilt great for the whole family.

Wednesday works for me as well as long as it's after 6pm

Boost3d.GTI

Ready to race!
Sounds like Wednesdays might be best option so far. I am usually available Mon-Thr any day. Novi is close to me as it is for some of you guys and I wouldn't mind driving to Royal Oak. If anyone would also consider, there might be a good spot in Farmington Hills ( I would have to check with the owner) and it's right off of M5 and Grand River. Lets try and get something going this Wednesday and we can try Novi area and talk about this a little bit more at that time?

DrvUMad

So this Wednesday, where and what time works best for all?

gn4rwhals

Go Kart Champion
I'll drive my MK7 on Wednesday, I'm mad at it though.

Nenad, check out that spot in Farmington and let us all know.

m.uddin81

We could just meet in the sears parking lot which is next to tilted kilt. I'm probably can be there by 7.

Tone1

Ready to race!
wednesday sounds good. I'd push for Farmington or Royal Oak/ferndale, plenty of top shelf restaurants/bars in those areas

Boost3d.GTI

Ready to race!
I'll drive my MK7 on Wednesday, I'm mad at it though.

Nenad, check out that spot in Farmington and let us all know.

Won't be able to find out on time so lets do Sears as m.uddin81 suggested.
And I am not sure if I will bring out the GTI as it needs some body work done so I really don't like driving it at the moment :( But I will come out for sure!

We could just meet in the sears parking lot which is next to tilted kilt. I'm probably can be there by 7.

7 sounds good.