Yes i am Doing the metal pan upgrade with RTV
1694976510556.png

Kdubya

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI

Anthony3o55

Autocross Champion
Hit the 100k club last night in the GTI.

Did an oil change and washed the car today. Tomorrow I will be shipping the old oil back to FCP.

Dumb question. Would this be the oil pan leaking? Bad sealant already?
IMG_2425.jpg
IMG_2426.jpg

DSC808

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE MT
Reactions: krs

krs

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MKVIIS R
I had a similar oil buildup on the sensor. After a couple months it finally started dripping. KRS had the same thing; replaced the oil pan and gasket. In hindsight could probably just replace the gasket. I bought this kit, if I were to do it again I'd get a metal pan for the same price.

Yeah, looks like mine did when my pan was leaking. I had a Indy shop replace mine. It was the dead of winter, and my garage isn’t heated. I already messed with replacing the sensor gasket as that’s what it looked like.

DSC808

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE MT
Yeah, looks like mine did when my pan was leaking. I had a Indy shop replace mine. It was the dead of winter, and my garage isn’t heated. I already messed with replacing the sensor gasket as that’s what it looked like.
Oh no's, the dead of winter in Vegas.... brrrrr....... :ROFLMAO:
JFWY.

• Haha
Reactions: krs

krs

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MKVIIS R
Oh no's, the dead of winter in Vegas.... brrrrr....... :ROFLMAO:
JFWY.
Ha, that was when I lived in East Idaho. Late November into February easily would see sub zero temps pretty consistent, and wouldn’t fully thaw out until March or so.

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
Finally put in the new spark plugs I bought in 2020 and changed my oil. FYI - a piece of pex thats pinched on the end is perfect for retrieving and starting the threads on the spark plugs without having to worry about cross threading cuz the plug will slip in the PEX. How do the plugs look after 66k miles? Car seems to be running more smoothly now. Also my #2 plug has some weird deterioration on the top part that I've never seen before

Attachments

• 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    74.3 KB · Views: 38
  • 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    57.1 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI