Car(s)
2017 GTI
Yup- cracked!
IMG_5520.jpeg

berserker6

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
Hit the windshield washer this morning. Pump makes a noise but no fluid. Pouring out from under the car. A hose just decided to pop off? Popped it back on 🤷🏻‍♂️
PXL_20230916_144839683.jpg

BudgetPhoenix

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2009 GLI, 2016 GTI
Threw on these etsy anti buffeting deflectors. https://www.etsy.com/listing/1128154136/audi-anti-wind-buffeting-wind-deflectors
The seller mentioned to me that Golfs had had the best luck installing them like so vertically on the weather stripping. I took the car for a spin and id say it actually does a pretty damn good job of suppressing the buffeting effect. Not much of an effect on my horrid closed driver window wind noise, maybe slightly different pitch change? They don't stick out too far and arent obnoxious.

20230915_200510.jpg
20230916_164514.jpg

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Threw on these etsy anti buffeting deflectors. https://www.etsy.com/listing/1128154136/audi-anti-wind-buffeting-wind-deflectors
The seller mentioned to me that Golfs had had the best luck installing them like so vertically on the weather stripping. I took the car for a spin and id say it actually does a pretty damn good job of suppressing the buffeting effect. Not much of an effect on my horrid closed driver window wind noise, maybe slightly different pitch change? They don't stick out too far and arent obnoxious.

View attachment 290792View attachment 290793
How did you hear about these?

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
giphy (11).gif

Kdubya

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI
I did it in my parking space. I did not f*** anything up. Pretty easy.
Torque spec/pattern for plastic pan.
*edit*Also recommend a new baffle. I did not get it.
You suggested to replace the baffle- i bought all the parts from FCP euro and they suggested the same thing but they don’t sell the one for the MK7.. i spoke to a master tech friend and he said if it’s not broke , don’t worry about it.. why is it suggested to replace?? Pretty sure I’ll have to purchase it directly from VW…

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
I didn't replace mine, but I just did a reseal. The job is easy though. Just make sure both mating surfaces are good and clean and you will be fine.

DSC808

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE MT
You suggested to replace the baffle- i bought all the parts from FCP euro and they suggested the same thing but they don’t sell the one for the MK7.. i spoke to a master tech friend and he said if it’s not broke , don’t worry about it.. why is it suggested to replace?? Pretty sure I’ll have to purchase it directly from VW…
Something like it’s a one time use part. When you put in a new one, it “deforms” to your pan. So if you take it out it won’t be shaped correctly.
I figured it’s just a baffle shaped or not and left it. I think it’s only held on by 2 screws.

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
The baffle is called out in the Erwin guides to replace when changing the pan. The baffle deforms when the pan is torqued down to fit - I don't recall the exact verbiage but can look it up. Though plenty have left the baffle alone it seems so I wouldn't worry too much.

If doing a metal pan, it uses RTV instead of a seal and has a different torque pattern and spec. Let me know if you need it.

Kdubya

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI
The baffle is called out in the Erwin guides to replace when changing the pan. The baffle deforms when the pan is torqued down to fit - I don't recall the exact verbiage but can look it up. Though plenty have left the baffle alone it seems so I wouldn't worry too much.

If doing a metal pan, it uses RTV instead of a seal and has a different torque pattern and spec. Let me know if you need it.

Yes i am Doing the metal pan upgrade with RTV