Relaxing for whom?

1694639864963.png

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Damn I wish lol. I’ve never really found washing cars relaxing till today and it was a all day event.

He showed up just in time to dry the GTI after school. Earning his keep

The dad with a beer in a lawnchair, obviously.

I’m in a lawn chair now finally at soccer, unfortunately the other parents would probably say something about crackin cold ones.

If they had beer at kids functions the turnout would definitely be better though

mrmatto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2024 GTI DSG
Did a DSG adaptation. I did one a few weeks ago, and there was a lot of clunking during the process, as expected, but frankly the shifts were more choppy and clunky afterwards and haven't improved since. So I ran the adaptation again tonight. The noises during the procedure were less of a racket this time and it's definitely shifting smoother now. Hoping that's that. Getting close to my next fluid change interval though so that might be needed regardless.

FWIW, does anyone have a copy of the full driving procedure you're supposed to do afterwards? I did it from memory, but I'm sure I didn't get it quite right.

Roughly this (saved in a note but don't remember where I got it lol):
Drive in Tiptronic Mode from stand still up to 6th Gear.
While doing that make sure to drive in Gears 3 or 5 for approx. 5 minutes and also in 4 or 6 for approx. 5 minutes.
The engine speed window for all gears is 1200 - 3500 RPM

Last edited:

TheMechanicDude

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
17 GTI Sport
I’m in a lawn chair now finally at soccer, unfortunately the other parents would probably say something about crackin cold ones.

If they had beer at kids functions the turnout would definitely be better though
Soccer coach here. Have had a few with parents during an after teh regular season 3v3 co ed games where I sat in the same side. Made is more fun for sure

Maiden69

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI
Last week the car developed the annoying wastegate rattle. I checked the linkage and it is not seized but it is definitely rather loose. VAG tolerances for this are garbage to be honest, but I guess it is better to have that rather than the seized CEL inducing one. I bought Loctite LB2009 and gave it a healthy dose between the wastegate lever and the linkage, rattle completely went away, but it is slowly coming back after a few days. Time for plan B... whatever that will be. I don't think a small shim will last there with the heat unless I can get my hands on some super think inconel washers. I may try some stainless ball bearing spacer first and see how they hold.

Treadup

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 6MT GTI
I know, I know... I'm eyeing those Mamba people keep posting here lately. Either that or a Vortex. But if I do I want to go with MPI instead of the HPFP and that is currently out of budget until we finish building the Studio.
I heard a saying that made me laugh…You can sleep in your racecar but you can’t drive your house, or in your case, studio.

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
I know, I know... I'm eyeing those Mamba people keep posting here lately. Either that or a Vortex. But if I do I want to go with MPI instead of the HPFP and that is currently out of budget until we finish building the Studio.
You sound like me. I'm kind of at a standstill due to other life crap going on, and no way in hell I'm going to half-ass the GTI, so it will wait until it can be done correctly and the way I want. I know the end result will be worth it.
FWIW: I'm doing the Mamba 3076R and MPI with Euro Mani and may even bump the mpi injectors up from the standard 980 or whatever. LPFP will be the RS3 brushless and fuel will be ignite red.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
You sound like me. I'm kind of at a standstill due to other life crap going on, and no way in hell I'm going to half-ass the GTI, so it will wait until it can be done correctly and the way I want. I know the end result will be worth it.
FWIW: I'm doing the Mamba 3076R and MPI with Euro Mani and may even bump the mpi injectors up from the standard 980 or whatever. LPFP will be the RS3 brushless and fuel will be ignite red.
after this, you won't be driving that Taco very much lol

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
after this, you won't be driving that Taco very much lol
That's right because with todays gas prices I want something with some go-go HP, so that I can burn that fuel with as much amusement as possible lol. * Truth be told, I will still be driving the Taco some. I do love it but the GTI is also getting some cosmetics done, which will have her down here and there after the Mamba and stuff. Hopefully the cosmetics will only take a couple weekends.