GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Ezekiel81923

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Volkswagen GTI
Definitely want to hear what you think of that LPFP. Are you MPI too?

No. That was the original plan and then I decided to pinch some pennies and see how fast/reliable this set up would be.

But RS3 in the tank means if I can't get this dialed in, or if the HPFP isn't a long-term solution, we jump right to PMI.

Track R

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
R
a new set of pull straps

7EA6C264-7AA1-4703-9515-CD621E3DD1A2.jpeg

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
No. That was the original plan and then I decided to pinch some pennies and see how fast/reliable this set up would be.

But RS3 in the tank means if I can't get this dialed in, or if the HPFP isn't a long-term solution, we jump right to PMI.
Well your beating me to the punch with this setup. I'm wondering if this config is viable with a Mamba 3076R. I know I should get MPI to dummy proof it, but will have to save some more.

Fried_Soap

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 Golf TSI 5MT
Spent some time investigating a CEL resulting from P0131 and P2237 codes that popped up out of nowhere. Haven't touched anything engine-related in months so I assume either the upstream O2 sensor or its wiring has degraded over time. Only when the car's fully warmed up, the sensor craps out and reads 0 lambda. Then every once in a while it'll read for a split second, decide it's too lean, making the engine "hiccup", and re-throw the upstream o2 code. Man, I don't wanna dish out $150 for a new sensor 😢

Can probably try cleaning the sensor but somehow I doubt that'll fix it.

Attachments

• PXL_20230614_211309009.jpg
    PXL_20230614_211309009.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 26

Kdubya

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI

Daily Driver

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI SE
Cylinder #2 misfires, day after installing New Spark Plugs and New Coil packs while idle.

Swapped 1 & 2 plugs and coils. Issues has not happened again.

The old spark plugs were good, they looked identical no oil residue or anything. I replace my spark plugs every year. When I removed my old plugs I looked down the opening and noticed cylinder #2 is dirty compared to the rest which are still clean and Silvery. since I never had misfire codes prior I decided to go along replace my plugs and coils. I took it for a test drive that same day, and did 3rd gear Pull and 4th gear pull to 6500rpm no issues. The following day I drove to work, once I got out of work i start my car to warm up and suddenly check engine light comes on? I drove home perfectly fine. And swapped 1&2 to see what happens. Today after driving to work and back, I don't have any issues?

Any ideas on what could cause residue in my cylinder? Even though I can hold power to redline no issues, is this the beginning of something more serious which might come up in the near future?
I already set up an Appointment for Compression test and leakdown test, this Wednesday.

After misfire I checked the Plugs, Left cylinder 1, Right cylinder 2
IMG_20230616_174718.jpg

Looking down on cylinder 1
IMG_20230616_175234.jpg

Cylinder #2 dirty
IMG_20230616_175249.jpg

I don't have a Borescope yet, looking to purchase one on Amazon now and see whats really goin on in there.

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
Cylinder #2 misfires, day after installing New Spark Plugs and New Coil packs while idle.

The old spark plugs were good, they looked identical no oil residue or anything. I replace my spark plugs every year. When I removed my old plugs I looked down the opening and noticed cylinder #2 is dirty compared to the rest which are still clean and Silvery. since I never had misfire codes prior I decided to go along replace my plugs and coils. I took it for a test drive that same day, and did 3rd gear Pull and 4th gear pull to 6500rpm no issues. The following day I drove to work, once I got out of work i start my car to warm up and suddenly check engine light comes on? I drove home perfectly fine. And swapped 1&2 to see what happens. Today after driving to work and back, I don't have any issues?

Any ideas on what could cause residue in my cylinder? Even though I can hold power to redline no issues, is this the beginning of something more serious which might come up in the near future?
I already set up an Appointment for Compression test and leakdown test, this Wednesday.

View attachment 284056
View attachment 284057

Cylinder #2 dirty
View attachment 284058

I don't have a Borescope yet, looking to purchase one on Amazon now and see whats really goin on in there.

View attachment 284056
View attachment 284057

Cylinder #2 dirty
View attachment 284058

Ground?