GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
not electrical related, strong smell of fuel and smoke, pulled over, car was already in flames. i suspect fuel line. as flames were located in the back passenger corner of the firewall
sounds like the suction pump flooded the charcoal canister + lines and started pissing raw gasoline out the rear passenger corner near the hot exhaust

Mk7 Gti Gasoline Leak Problem thread

gboticus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 R DSG
Took it to area 27 for a half dozen ride alongs to see how other drivers take the track and their cars behave.

received_1548111889333562.jpeg

Made sure to give thanks to my friend who was photographing the event.

Fried_Soap

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 Golf TSI 5MT
Installed Golf R front seats.
PXL_20230613_021731947.jpg

timmyturbo

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Audi S3
On a less grim note I think I found my next project car tucked behind the remaining stalls of the Hawaii Consolidated Railway Roundhouse! Fun fact HCR was the only standard gauge (4' 8.5") railroad in Hawaii. Most of state route 19 is the the old "right-of-way."

View attachment 283718
Don't let @riceburner see that TT......it just needs to be shipped from Hawaii...it just has a little rust... and it just has a CEL for an "O2 sensor" :ROFLMAO:

dtfd

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI
It's takes a little over 6 hours to drive the entire way around the island (I've done it). It's about half the size of New Jersey with a population of roughly 200,000 people. Most of the island is uninhabitable so there's lots of space for things and people to disappear. There's not a lot of violent crime, but the homelessness and drug addiction has led to lots of petty theft. After the sugar cane plantations left in the late 90s there really wasn't any industry left aside from the service industry. Yes there's some coffee and Mac nut production, but the amount of employees required is much smaller. Kona Brewing Co doesn't even produce beer here for sale here. AB/InBev owns them and produces on the mainland. Most of our food even comes from the mainland. I'm not sure how true it is but I was told less than 50% capable of employment are working while nearly 70% of the population collects some sort of government assistance. The public education here rivals Alabama and Mississippi for some of the worst in the country.

Without tourism this beautiful and amazing place would turn into the lord of the flies real fast.

On a less grim note I think I found my next project car tucked behind the remaining stalls of the Hawaii Consolidated Railway Roundhouse! Fun fact HCR was the only standard gauge (4' 8.5") railroad in Hawaii. Most of state route 19 is the the old "right-of-way."
View attachment 283717
View attachment 283718
Tourism brought in around 19B in 2022 for Hawaii. DoD spent close to that much on the islands in 2022 as well.

Sadly the rest drops off quickly after that, and you're absolutely right about the islands not being self-sufficient. Hilo and Kauai could likely support their population but if all the shipping stopped tomorrow, Oahu is in big trouble.

Speaking of Hawaiian rail, how's that Oahu rail project coming along? :ROFLMAO:

DSC808

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE MT
Tourism brought in around 19B in 2022 for Hawaii. DoD spent close to that much on the islands in 2022 as well.

Sadly the rest drops off quickly after that, and you're absolutely right about the islands not being self-sufficient. Hilo and Kauai could likely support their population but if all the shipping stopped tomorrow, Oahu is in big trouble.

Speaking of Hawaiian rail, how's that Oahu rail project coming along? :ROFLMAO:
Only 9B. To go like 20 miles…..

But it’s running now. 5 years past due. And still not completed….

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
Only 9B. To go like 20 miles…..

But it’s running now. 5 years past due. And still not completed….
Just my opinion but construction, especially roads and anything applying to state transportation is grossly overpriced. It's like my Navy days and requesting a new altimeter for an F-18, and the report back from McDonnel Douglass stating that dam gauge was $36,000 dollars.

Ezekiel81923

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Volkswagen GTI
New HPFP w/autotech internals. New SC RS3 LPFP, MAP and PUT sensors. Flashed new base tune from EQT

Turbo swapping as we speak.

Had a P0148 fuel delivery error code that I noticed last night. Hoping that was just from initial startup since it took a few tries to get her going. The drive and subsequent starts all felt normal. Wasn't paying enough attention to rail pressure on my AP to notice anything. Cleared the code so we'll see if it comes back.

20230615_163751.jpg 20230615_162423.jpg 20230615_170558.jpg
20230615_170604.jpg

Last edited:

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
New HPFP w/autotech internals. New SC RS3 LPFP, MAP and PUT sensors. Flashed new base tune from EQT

Turbo swapping as we speak.

Had a P0148 fuel delivery error code that I noticed last night. Hoping that was just from initial startup since it took a few tries to get her going. The drive and subsequent starts all felt normal. Wasn't paying enough attention to rail pressure on my AP to notice anything. Cleared the code so we'll see if it comes back.

View attachment 283936 View attachment 283935 View attachment 283937
View attachment 283938
Definitely want to hear what you think of that LPFP. Are you MPI too?