GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
Hows it feel? Also, what pushing is that you have installed?
Powerflex Hybrid (assuming you meant bushing) w/ BFI Stage 1 engine + tranny insert mounts

1st impression was extremely positive, turned the A/C on and there's no drone in my ears at idle. Rejoice! Then driving through the neighborhood I forgot the A/C was running because the shifts felt so crisp. With the stock arm shifts felt laggy with the A/C on, like it wasn't grabbing as smoothly especially with how fast the SMFW revs drop. Even taking off in 1st is a smoother experience now. It basically eliminated most of the "parasitic drain" feeling the A/C caused before w/ SMFW, mounts, etc. Also WOT in 2nd feels grippier and my 200tw tires are no longer hopping in 3rd. Miracle worker.

Then 2nd drive I was sitting in traffic and that's when things really heated up under the hood (yesterday was mid-90s, great movie btw) and then the A/C NVH came back - droning throughout the cabin. Slightly quieter than it was before but still annoying and disappointing from the first drive. Also, idk how many other people have this problem but when the car gets really hot it kind of stutters when taking off in 1st... feels like it's starting to stall and the AP3 shows KR anywhere from -1 to -4. With the RE arm that stalling feeling/vibrations are reduced but it's still there unfortunately.

TL;DR- Am I happy with the purchase? Yes. Did it fix all my problems? No. Still need more time behind the wheel before I can really review it. Curious to see if it softens up in a few hundred miles and reduces NVH even further

Last edited:

CoryJo

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
mk7 gti autobahn pp
I did this today! Not sure I like it.

Attachments

• 20230611_164358.jpg
    20230611_164358.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 109

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
^What he said

tmw2442

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Mk7 R

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Feel for the dude to a point....and glad a forum member lives to tune another day....but moral of the story...seems like....don't replace a blown 15 amp fuze....with a 20 amp fuse...

The sarcastic cynic asshole npc... in me....is glad it wasn't an R model...

https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/index.php?threads/need-new-ecu-help.362029/page-5#post-7968259
We've all done some stupid shit. I remember using a penny to replace a fuse in a mk1 because I was stranded.

I should have burned several cars to the ground in the past with my fuckery and plain stupidity.

Don't be a cynic asshole, the world already has enough of them.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
that car is... burned to a crisp. holy shit. did the FD ever come? bare metal is the only thing left!

CoryJo

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
mk7 gti autobahn pp
Not to be a Bosnian about the whole thing but......

If what's been said is true (about amps and such)....you may want to take that thread down @CoryJo
not electrical related, strong smell of fuel and smoke, pulled over, car was already in flames. i suspect fuel line. as flames were located in the back passenger corner of the firewall

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
not electrical related, strong smell of fuel and smoke, pulled over, car was already in flames. i suspect fuel line. as flames were located in the back passenger corner of the firewall
Fucking eh, that’s where the carseat is.