GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
I guess your headlights got damaged too, right ;-) Time to get the insurance pay for new ones...
Would ya believe they just somehow got all cracked and stuff? LOL...

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Got a fresh set of Goodyears mounted on the camper, & picked up a DP from Cerakote.

IMG_0646.jpeg
IMG_0647.jpeg
IMG_0648.jpeg
IMG_0649.jpeg
IMG_0650.jpeg

It’s completely pointless, but I really wanna put matching Method Racewheels on the camper next set 😂 (don’t worry, I won’t because the wife would kill me).

DSC808

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE MT
Hands are itching for spacers. Is the distance between rear wheels the same as between the fronts on the mk7?
Fronts are slightly closer in. To get them "flush" with the fender would be 15mm front 20mm rear with stock wheels.
Also you would need longer lug bolts/studs.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Hands are itching for spacers. Is the distance between rear wheels the same as between the fronts on the mk7?
I have some taking up space …hit me up

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Hm... I assume they are closer for a reason, and because I'm not crazy bent on getting stuff flush, i'd be more inclined to have equal offset front and rear. Then again what's a 5mm difference?

95b14

Go Kart Newbie
Forgot to add: running 235/40/18 michelins.
I run this size on stock wheels with the standard 15/20mm “flush” spacers and it does occasionally rub at stock ride height. Taking fender screw out helped a lot, but there is still an occasional rub with the right kind of bump. I daily drive the car without issue but figured I’d mention it.

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
I run this size on stock wheels with the standard 15/20mm “flush” spacers and it does occasionally rub at stock ride height. Taking fender screw out helped a lot, but there is still an occasional rub with the right kind of bump. I daily drive the car without issue but figured I’d mention it.
Much appreciated. I'm lowered about an inch, wheel offset of 45. Did the fender screw mod a long time ago, no rubbing, but since you occasionally rub at stock height, sounds like 15/20 is too much for me.

95b14

Go Kart Newbie
Much appreciated. I'm lowered about an inch, wheel offset of 45. Did the fender screw mod a long time ago, no rubbing, but since you occasionally rub at stock height, sounds like 15/20 is too much for me.
I’d go more narrow. I really got the 15/20 spacers because I got them used with a stud conversion kit for super cheap

Treadup

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 6MT GTI
I kicked the GTI out of the garage to work on a family members tiguan. Will be replacing an injector and hoping that solves the problem.
I’m comfortable around tools but YouTube is fantastic. I like humble mechanics videos as they’re detailed and he works on cars like someone who cares. Intake manifold came off within an hour. Just waiting for parts to arrive.
Another thing regarding the gen 3 ea888. I’ve heard that carbon buildup isn’t an issue on these engines and from the looks of the intake valves on this 87k mile motor, I would say that’s a correct statement. I’ve only seen videos of the real gunked up valves but still, this looks pretty good.
B0D72438-10D8-4C04-9317-A4F364CC3255.jpeg
A7919400-7856-4B4A-A97D-A8F0455F271B.jpeg