GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

ChristopherNeil

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
BFI stage 1 mounts installed. I think it was around 2.5 hours, including setup and putting everything away, as well as spot cleaning under everything that has to come out – not too much gunk, but a lot of sand(?). Almost passed out bc I was dressed for the gloom that's been burying San Diego but the sun came out full force and toasted me lol.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
gave her a new bike rack
IMG_4735.jpeg

ZERO815

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
Drove my GTI for the first time after a 2.5 weeks business trip to the US.

While in the US I rode or drove in:
'XX Nissan Altima (Uber at SFO w/ blown front shocks)
'19 Dodge Ram 3500 Dually
'22 Tiguan SE
'99 323i MT Wagon
'09 C63
'23 Bronco
'22 Model S
'02 325i Wagon drift car (GM V8, Nissan MT)
FullSizeR.jpeg

'19 Tundra TRD Pro.

If I didn't already own the GTI I would want to buy it!

Blade3562

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
None
I'm a couple days late, but finally hit 5 years with my GSW 4Motion. 135,000 miles, 165mph, 27 states (technically 28 when it was loaded up in CA but I didn't drive it there), 15 sets of tires, 10 sets of wheels, 1 transmission, 20 spark plugs, 4 brake rotors, 6 sets of brake pads, 2 sets of motor mounts, 1 LPFP(filter but replaced whole unit), 1 oil pan, 1 back window, 1 deer ($13,000 in damage), and 1 retread ($2,000 in damage). I'd do it all over again tomorrow. Next thing on my list is hood vents and a new GTI front bumper.
IMG_2935.jpeg

IMG_2936.jpeg

IMG_2931.jpeg

IMG_2937.jpeg

Ezekiel81923

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Volkswagen GTI
From my build thread. My Vortex swap saga keeps getting better!

Decided maybe I just need to calibrate my pre-calibrated actuator. Never reads above .5v when I check the voltage (car on, ignition off) and it goes as low as .2v. Possible the connection is bad but I can't reach it.

Boy was that a mistake. I cracked the nut and started rotating the arm, was seeing the voltage change in obd11 but I spun it A LOT and it never went above .8v or below .2v. And then the actuator arm came out of the wastegate arm/flapper thing. Spent 2hrs under and on top of the car trying to get it back in and the arm spun enough for the threads to catch even a little bit. Had to basically remove the DP to get room from either side and with a lot of luck I got it. Whole thing was done basically blind which was the most aggravating part. Nut is only hand/finger tight because fuck that thing.

No idea what voltage is set to. Ran an adaptation again and it was successful. I don't understand this thing.

But what we did learn is fuck trying to replace the wastegate and actuator arm myself. Gonna see if the shop that did the turbo is willing to swap the one from my is20 over.

carbon_gecko

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 GOLf tsi 'S'
Sent the golf to have component protection removed on the infotainment system, found out I have a leak in the oil pan gasket.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230623_112707_Opera.jpg
    Screenshot_20230623_112707_Opera.jpg
    433.2 KB · Views: 33

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
From my build thread. My Vortex swap saga keeps getting better!

Decided maybe I just need to calibrate my pre-calibrated actuator. Never reads above .5v when I check the voltage (car on, ignition off) and it goes as low as .2v. Possible the connection is bad but I can't reach it.

Boy was that a mistake. I cracked the nut and started rotating the arm, was seeing the voltage change in obd11 but I spun it A LOT and it never went above .8v or below .2v. And then the actuator arm came out of the wastegate arm/flapper thing. Spent 2hrs under and on top of the car trying to get it back in and the arm spun enough for the threads to catch even a little bit. Had to basically remove the DP to get room from either side and with a lot of luck I got it. Whole thing was done basically blind which was the most aggravating part. Nut is only hand/finger tight because fuck that thing.

No idea what voltage is set to. Ran an adaptation again and it was successful. I don't understand this thing.

But what we did learn is fuck trying to replace the wastegate and actuator arm myself. Gonna see if the shop that did the turbo is willing to swap the one from my is20 over.
Remove the DP and go from the bottom. Put the car on ramps. It's not impossible to do by any means. You got this.

Ezekiel81923

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Volkswagen GTI
Remove the DP and go from the bottom. Put the car on ramps. It's not impossible to do by any means. You got this.

Yea I need to get the ramps from my brother, the main problem last night was I couldn't get the car high enough. It's also a lot easier to get the DP out with some help, which I also didn't have.

I might have time Sunday morning, we'll see.

DSC808

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE MT
Never seen it deleted like that. 🤔

NoGodGetOverIt

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE/DSG
That gives me an idea! We could 3D print a hand flipping off like that, and then install it on the wiper post. Then just turn it on after you walk someone, and wave that 🖕 in their face!

gboticus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 R DSG
Received and installed my long delayed set of HRE wheels and RE71R$ tires for track duty

PXL_20230623_232708818.jpg

PXL_20230623_224307594.jpg

PXL_20230623_225505727.jpg