Drag Racing Champion

edrex

Ready to race!
Oil change and BFI dogbone installed today

daconchslop

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
ACS SE/Tech
Brought it to Baun Performance for upgrades.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT

Lowered GTIs with wheels that aren't OEM spec in terms of width/diameter/offset can experience minor rubbing on the fenders. the easiest and most common solution is the "Fender Screw Mod" where you remove some screws in the wheel well that aren't entirely necessary, and it provides the tiny bit of extra clearance needed to not rub

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Lowered GTIs with wheels that aren't OEM spec in terms of width/diameter/offset can experience minor rubbing on the fenders. the easiest and most common solution is the "Fender Screw Mod" where you remove some screws in the wheel well that aren't entirely necessary, and it provides the tiny bit of extra clearance needed to not rub
Thanks for that summation. The last GTI I owned was an 85 that was definitely not lowered... LOL. My Mk4 GLI I would just air out all the way ....it popped all the fender screws out so I never needed to worry about it

krisprz

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2018 Golf R 6spd

Installed some OEM Jackpads today. Easy install. Didn’t even need to lift the car to do the work. [emoji1360] took like 15-20mins