GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Jedimk7

Drag Race Newbie
New state, new plate. I thought CARBNYT was only suitable on black plates so I went with something else. I will miss those black CA plates.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Great license plate! Yoda approved [emoji41][emoji106]

Sent from my Gavin Belson black box signature edition

Supermoto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Autobahn DSG
Looks sexy nevertheless. Good job.

This.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I appreciate it. That was my first time wrapping anything, it wasn't too bad once I got the pattern down. I do the main part of the light with very little heat and just keep manipulating the vinyl till it all looks nice with no bubbles. I leave about a centimeter around all edges where it still needs to be dealt with. At this point I take the light out of the car and do the rest very carefully with a heat gun to stretch over the sides so I get no creasing or wrinkles in the vinyl. For the very edges I heat it up nice and warm and stretch it over the small lip like im shrink wrapping it. Also after I do each heat and set I spray it with cold water to lock it in place for the time being. Once it all is perfect I evenly heat the entire light to get everything nice and relaxed in place. This has been working for me very well and this is my first time ever wrapping anything, however I have been told I pick things up quickly so I guess ymmv :D

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Built my new CBE

Excellent work Jake!!!!! Can't wait to pick one up

I have the costs for DP and midsection......what is the CBE cost? Can ya PM me?

Last edited:

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Damn, nice work. How does it sound? Too bad you don’t service the R model.

I know, someone will let me use one for development someday. There’s just so many less of them out there unfortunately it hasn’t worked out yet.

The new exhaust sounds amazing! All I wanna do is drive now haha. It’s very deep and aggressive yet still no (or very very minimal, hard to say since the tips arent on yet)

Excellent work Jake!!!!! Can't wait to pick one up

I have the costs for DP and midsection......what is the CBE cost? Can ya PM me?

Yes sir, it is significantly more expensive as it’s a TON of work, but we’ll worth it for the end result!

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
Built my new CBE

You gotta put a NSFW warning on these pics, I look at this forum at work! Glad my boss didnt walk by

Looks amazing!

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
I appreciate it. That was my first time wrapping anything, it wasn't too bad once I got the pattern down. I do the main part of the light with very little heat and just keep manipulating the vinyl till it all looks nice with no bubbles. I leave about a centimeter around all edges where it still needs to be dealt with. At this point I take the light out of the car and do the rest very carefully with a heat gun to stretch over the sides so I get no creasing or wrinkles in the vinyl. For the very edges I heat it up nice and warm and stretch it over the small lip like im shrink wrapping it. Also after I do each heat and set I spray it with cold water to lock it in place for the time being. Once it all is perfect I evenly heat the entire light to get everything nice and relaxed in place. This has been working for me very well and this is my first time ever wrapping anything, however I have been told I pick things up quickly so I guess ymmv :D
Thanks for the walkthrough!

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

daconchslop

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
ACS SE/Tech
Slapped this in.