GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Vargas Turbo Build - 2017 GTI SE

Twist1

Autocross Newbie
Where's the support bracket to hold up the turbo? Did you remove it for the pic?

Vargas turbos are too advanced for lowly trivialities like "support brackets." xD

On a serious note if you've been running it without one this whole time that could very well be your issue (flex caused rod to bend or the motor to something funky)

CrossFit67

Ready to race!
Look up under there and make sure there is nothing rubbing against rod. If nothing, disconnect rod and move flapper arm and see if there is any binding in it.

So, I just loosen the jam nut and turn the rod until it comes out, correct? Guess I will be tuning the wg actuator again... F!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hoon

Autocross Champion
Probably slightly twisted the flapper arm inside the turbine housing and now the actuator is out of range, same shit my turbo did.

We've known the VTT flappers were junk for awhile. Same problem Littco had (briefly).

MadMen

Ready to race!
You should be able to just grab that sucker as it is and move the flapper in and out. If not binding, this should be easy to do without removing the rod yet.

CrossFit67

Ready to race!
You should be able to just grab that sucker as it is and move the flapper in and out. If not binding, this should be easy to do without removing the rod yet.

Tony Vargas said the same thing when I emailed him. I can't move it with just my hand with the rod attached. I'm going to try to take the rod off tomorrow and see if I can move it.

Again, I'm assuming that I just loosen the jam nut and turn the rod until it comes out of the fork, correct?

FYI - I did put the e30 tune back on and logged it throwing the code and everything. Jon from 5150 says, "my guess is that the actuator rod has moved."

MadMen

Ready to race!
Tony Vargas said the same thing when I emailed him. I can't move it with just my hand with the rod attached. I'm going to try to take the rod off tomorrow and see if I can move it.

Again, I'm assuming that I just loosen the jam nut and turn the rod until it comes out of the fork, correct?

FYI - I did put the e30 tune back on and logged it throwing the code and everything. Jon from 5150 says, "my guess is that the actuator rod has moved."

Yes. Loosen nut and turn the rod to remove it from the clevis. With no support bracket in the way, should be a bit easier.

CrossFit67

Ready to race!
I removed the rod and the flapper swings freely without it attached. I could not move it with the actuator attached. Bad actuator? Did something just move and take it out of range? I’m going to see if I can get it reattached now....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk