GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Vargas Turbo Build - 2017 GTI SE

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Got my tune that supports with Walbro 450 from Jon at 5150 last night, so I installed the fuel pump and loaded the tune. So far, no issues. I bought the kit from Precision Raceworks and had support from this thread: https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44651&highlight=LPFP

I'm going to log the new 93 pump tune soon and will post some video of the runs. I'll ask Jon for my E30 version when I send him the logs.

The VWR springs and shocks are really sweet! They are much more comfortable AND better performing than stock ones, for sure. Did a balls to the wall run yesterday and they performed like a champ. The also eliminated the "chatter" my old ones produced on the highway that made the stocks ones almost unbearable on my recent long road trips. Finally, they've settled down and are plenty low now. I highly recommend this kit that goes on sale every now and again at USP Motorsports: https://www.uspmotorsports.com/VWR-Sport-Spring-and-Damper-Kit-For-MQB-Platform-FWD-MK7-GTI.html

I haven't done any hard launches yet since installing the BFI Stage 2 engine mount. However, I can tell you that the vibration at idle it has introduced is substantial. I don't mind it so far as it just makes the car feel like it's got a little something something under the hood. Kind of reminds me of my 500HP n/a 2013 Boss 302 Mustang at idle where the rear view mirror adornments would visibly shake and sway back and forth at the light.

Mind if I ask what you paid for the spring/shock combo when it was on sale? Thanks.

Hey man. Reading your thread is very interesting. Thanks for sharing your knowledge and well done seeing this turbo upgrade through. Best way to learn is get your own hands dirty. Experience plus knowledge is real power.

I like to do things myself and not rush it at all. Then it puts my heart to rest that everything is done properly. When I need a mechanic or speed shop assistance , I always help them and double check their work. I got stranded next to the road too many times because of plain poor lazy workmanship, not testing it and not double checking their work after the installation. Makes me so angry especially if you paid a pretty penny for their "professional labour".

Anyway, I recently purchased a Ed40 Clubsport GTi DSG (Stock IS38 from factory). Previous owner fitted a nice downpipe. Now it needs a tune!

I'm rooting for JB4... but I see you use Cobb (protune). I used Cobb on my Mk3 RS and it worked great. Maybe I should consider Cobb as well...? My other dilemma is that REVO / APR / Unitronic is also very good options but I don't want problems with TD1. Thus rooting for JB4 / Cobb...easy to uninstall.

Thanks once again! And please post some videos!

Regards
Rommies - all the way from RSA!

Sent from my SNE-LX1 using Tapatalk

CrossFit67

Ready to race!
Thanks once again! And please post some videos!

Regards
Rommies - all the way from RSA!

Thanks for the note Rommies. I don’t think they ever sold the Clubsport here in the States, but I’ve seen videos and they look sweet!

I really like the Cobb Accessport and the 5150 tune I’m running on it. I just got my e30 tune yesterday. I like that I can switch between e30 and pump gas easily. Cobb is supposed to be supporting multi-port injection very soon and I plan to run e85 eventually.

I will be filming my logging of the e30 tune, the car on the dyno, and a drag run very soon, so look for it.

Cheers!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

vw671

Autocross Newbie
Thanks for the note Rommies. I don’t think they ever sold the Clubsport here in the States, but I’ve seen videos and they look sweet!

I really like the Cobb Accessport and the 5150 tune I’m running on it. I just got my e30 tune yesterday. I like that I can switch between e30 and pump gas easily. Cobb is supposed to be supporting multi-port injection very soon and I plan to run e85 eventually.

I will be filming my logging of the e30 tune, the car on the dyno, and a drag run very soon, so look for it.

Cheers!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

A handful of us local to 5150 are running Cobb MPI beta software. The formal release is expected in a couple of weeks!

MPI + Upgraded MAP sensor + Upgraded fueling is a huge jump in performance.

CrossFit67

Ready to race!
So, I ran my e30 tune with a tank of e30. I was leaving for a trip, so I ran the tank down to almost empty, filled up with pump gas, and switched tunes back to my 93 pump gas tune. The car has been running like crap and immediately throwing EPC and engine lights. It doesn't even seem to make any boost now.

Among the usual codes that I'm always clearing I'm now getting a P2563/39FE Turbocharger Boost Control Position Circuit Range/Performance code. I'm reading elsewhere that I may have bent my wastegate actuator rode or swivel on my turbo. The engine is hot right now, so I'm going to check it out here in a bit to see if I can see anything.

vw671

Autocross Newbie
So, I ran my e30 tune with a tank of e30. I was leaving for a trip, so I ran the tank down to almost empty, filled up with pump gas, and switched tunes back to my 93 pump gas tune. The car has been running like crap and immediately throwing EPC and engine lights. It doesn't even seem to make any boost now.

Among the usual codes that I'm always clearing I'm now getting a P2563/39FE Turbocharger Boost Control Position Circuit Range/Performance code. I'm reading elsewhere that I may have bent my wastegate actuator rode or swivel on my turbo. The engine is hot right now, so I'm going to check it out here in a bit to see if I can see anything.

To be clear.. The 93 tune was previously working with the new lpfp correct?

MadMen

Ready to race!
Put your E30 tune back on and see how that runs. It should be fine adapting to 93 gas (E10) on an E30 tune. Maybe not perfect, but shouldn't see much difference for daily driving. I run 93 and E30 on the same tune all the time with no issues.

CrossFit67

Ready to race!
Put your E30 tune back on and see how that runs. It should be fine adapting to 93 gas (E10) on an E30 tune. Maybe not perfect, but shouldn't see much difference for daily driving. I run 93 and E30 on the same tune all the time with no issues.

I've sent a note to Jon at 5150 to see what he recommends. I'll update with what he says, but thanks for the information.

CrossFit67

Ready to race!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CrossFit67

Ready to race!

With the engine nice and cool I inspected the wastegate area. The rod is not bent and nothing appears to be wrong. The is a bit of play in the pivot arm, but I’m not sure if that’s normal or not. Here’s a pic. Perhaps, I am missing something...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk