GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Official Unofficial E85 Ethanol Thread

Paxtond1

Go Kart Newbie
like I said its as simple as pouring more 1l bottles in, its gunna be a pain in the ass either way, however this car is a toy and not a Daily driver

My Accessport is going to be here in the morning and then stratified will be getting to work on a 99 tune and a E blend tune

flipflp

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'16 Golf R DSG
Running full E85 in Los Angeles is a bold strategy Cotton. I can think of 1 station that could be considered "in the city" and everything else is 10-15 miles out. Worth the drive for that corn juice though.

DrewB

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'17 Pure White Sport
what kind of power are you making like 320-350hp?
also, say I do this, could i still run 93 with no problems
That's what I do in central PA, I have an e30 from Strat I run in the summer months then swap to my EQT S2 93 tune for winter. Waiting for Ed to put out his e30 Base tunes for the GTI and I'll prob switch to his.

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion
That's what I do in central PA, I have an e30 from Strat I run in the summer months then swap to my EQT S2 93 tune for winter. Waiting for Ed to put out his e30 Base tunes for the GTI and I'll prob switch to his.
yeah im kinda a fool to be running any E but it is what it is. I have 18 gallons worth of gas containers in the garage and do a fill up here and there. Obviously I have been using less since coronvirus, but the closes E station I know of is like 40 min away

Jewels_mk7

Drag Racing Champion
Running full E85 in Los Angeles is a bold strategy Cotton. I can think of 1 station that could be considered "in the city" and everything else is 10-15 miles out. Worth the drive for that corn juice though.
Back then it used to be like that, but now you can find stations ~15 min away from downtown

flipflp

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'16 Golf R DSG
Back then it used to be like that, but now you can find stations ~15 min away from downtown

Still feels pretty light to me. Once I moved to SGV I got 2 stations within 15 mins from my house and that was a huge improvement. Nothing like OC though.
https://afdc.energy.gov/fuels/ethanol_locations.html#/find/nearest?fuel=E85

1.PNG

Jewels_mk7

Drag Racing Champion

DrewB

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'17 Pure White Sport
Is this something actually happening?
I believe he has a few out there testing for him, no idea when it might be released though. Some dude that's running it posts at least a video a day to any MK7 FB group that he's a part of.