GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Official Unofficial E85 Ethanol Thread

The Dude

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI S
Thanks for your reply.

On E10 fuel, running 28psi boost, my LPFP is at 78psi @2000rpm and 45psi @7200rpm

is this normal? My Golf R is UK model so no port injectors.
US model? I thought the ROW models got port injection.

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion
Looking to switch to e blend on jb4, looking at buying gas tanks shortly here. Closest station is a bit 20 miles but i figure maybe buy 5 5 gallon tanks from amazon ill be ok. Question E is more corrosive, will normal gas cans be ok to store the e85? Im thinking ill do a 93 x gallon and e85 2-3 gallon for every fillup. Dont want the cans to get eaten up tho. I guess I could always travel with 1 2 liter gas can for safety idn. Shoot me your best setups for people that are not close to an e85 pump

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Just don't drink it. Or just in moderation. ? Don't try that with methanol though.
But the stuff I got clearly says it’s juice
Looks to be cherry flavor too.
63AA86AD-FDA0-4732-B8C9-B7D63C703D18.jpeg

Paxtond1

Go Kart Newbie
any one got any info on mixing E30? in the uk we don't have E pumps, been finding conflicting info regarding the bio ethanol fire place fuels, these state they are 99% ethanol, would they be ok for mixing up a E30 blend?

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
any one got any info on mixing E30? in the uk we don't have E pumps, been finding conflicting info regarding the bio ethanol fire place fuels, these state they are 99% ethanol, would they be ok for mixing up a E30 blend?

Not sure what the other 1% would be but probably but it sounds like it would be expensive. If you just want to raise octane try Torco octane booster.

Paxtond1

Go Kart Newbie
sorry if this is a silly question, new to the corn fuels.

is there a big difference in power between E30 and E85 tunes? just picked up a great deal on a MPI setup so now have the fuel for what I need, E85 is hard to find here and expensive but could be worth a punt for drag days. my car is a Stage 3 BT car

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion

greens

Ready to race!
sorry if this is a silly question, new to the corn fuels.

is there a big difference in power between E30 and E85 tunes? just picked up a great deal on a MPI setup so now have the fuel for what I need, E85 is hard to find here and expensive but could be worth a punt for drag days. my car is a Stage 3 BT car

I was under the impression that you lucky people in the UK/EU already had MPI from the factory?

Paxtond1

Go Kart Newbie
Not on the 7.5s

correct.

I'm going to mixing this stuff up using 1l bottles of fire place fuel (99% E) as we have no E pumps here at all.

is e50 going to hold a good gain over 99 or e30? littco recently posted a L450 car with e15 running 490hp