GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Official Unofficial E85 Ethanol Thread

LVGolfR

Passed Driver's Ed
Anyone know if I need a retune after only installing upgraded fuel lines? I’m leaning towards no, but I want to be sure. UM hasn’t gotten back to me and my lines could use some cleanup.

dcgtimk7

Go Kart Newbie
Well I think I'm finally ready to play with this mythical corn juice. It's available all over the place here, and the Sheetz 5 min from my house has been shown to have constant E80-E85. Just ordered an APR HPFP, APR LPFP(long term IROZ Brushless) and a new LPFP Basket. I have the little baby 1.8T injectors, but plan to install R injectors before being tuned unless there is a better option out there. I plan to run my 1.8T IS38 on E85 with a UM Pro-Flex tune.

Is anyone here running E85 with OEM or upgraded stock location injectors without MPI. Even better UM Pro-Flex without MPI. I understand MPI would be more advantageous, but I won't be installing MPI in the near future.

I have a proflex IS38 GTI. As far as i know Jeff won't tune an upgraded hpfp. I'm not sure you would be able to run full e85 with just an apr lpfp and stock controller. You might be able to get away an e30-e50 mix.

PacDawg

Drag Race Newbie
Well I think I'm finally ready to play with this mythical corn juice. It's available all over the place here, and the Sheetz 5 min from my house has been shown to have constant E80-E85. Just ordered an APR HPFP, APR LPFP(long term IROZ Brushless) and a new LPFP Basket. I have the little baby 1.8T injectors, but plan to install R injectors before being tuned unless there is a better option out there. I plan to run my 1.8T IS38 on E85 with a UM Pro-Flex tune.

Is anyone here running E85 with OEM or upgraded stock location injectors without MPI. Even better UM Pro-Flex without MPI. I understand MPI would be more advantageous, but I won't be installing MPI in the near future.

Why go with APR LPFP? It's only a 305lph pump.

I have a proflex IS38 GTI. As far as i know Jeff won't tune an upgraded hpfp. I'm not sure you would be able to run full e85 with just an apr lpfp and stock controller. You might be able to get away an e30-e50 mix

Yeah from what i've seen you have to run lpfp and mpi in order to go full e85 with UM. A bit pricey compared to cobb where you just need hpfp for is20 or lpfp/hpfp for is38.

tplociniak

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 Alltrack SEL
@Blade3562 I've been looking into this for a bit, 305 wont cut it, will need 450 lpfp, UM has started entertaining doing the 2.0T HPFP with new internals and their Proflex on the 1.8t to see what they can do. I got confirmation from them and A2B but I didn't pull the trigger yet. Was looking between that and just going MPI still

MSH

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'20 M2 Competition
For my R I've been wavering on E30 vs E40 tune (EQT doing tuning) for standard housing Vortex upgrade I should be ordering this week.
Will be running Pagparts 450 pump, 4 bar PUT, HPFP but no PM4.
Car sees a few HPDE's a year (so extended 20-25min hammering), so this is my main concern with stock controller
With no PM4 should I error on side of caution and go E30 tune or will E40 still be ok?
I'm at altitude in Denver BTW

PowerDemon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI, Camaro ZL1
For my R I've been wavering on E30 vs E40 tune (EQT doing tuning) for standard housing Vortex upgrade I should be ordering this week.
Will be running Pagparts 450 pump, 4 bar PUT, HPFP but no PM4.
Car sees a few HPDE's a year (so extended 20-25min hammering), so this is my main concern with stock controller
With no PM4 should I error on side of caution and go E30 tune or will E40 still be ok?
I'm at altitude in Denver BTW

Do you plan on upgrading the MAP sensor to the AEM 5 BAR? Do we need to running stock injectors on E30/40?

MSH

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'20 M2 Competition
Do you plan on upgrading the MAP sensor to the AEM 5 BAR? Do we need to running stock injectors on E30/40?
No, only need to upgrade to 5 bar MAP if planning to run MPI. Upgrading the PUT only allows Ed to dial in a bit more boost I believe...maybe like 1-2psi more, but really not sure. You don't have to upgrade PUT, but you can get a bit more power by doing so.

PowerDemon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI, Camaro ZL1
No, only need to upgrade to 5 bar MAP if planning to run MPI. Upgrading the PUT only allows Ed to dial in a bit more boost I believe...maybe like 1-2psi more, but really not sure. You don't have to upgrade PUT, but you can get a bit more power by doing so.

Sweet! And yes that’s what I saw with the installation of the 4bar PUT sensor. We were able to turn up the boost another 3PSI.

Reactions: MSH

EmmKay11945

Ready to race!
I know a handful of us have discussed on this thread about mixing ethanol but here is my experience with running FULL E85. All we did was upgrade the HPFP to take full advantage of the IS20. It pulls great! and no more mixing fuels!

You have

You have a link for that hpfp? And that’s all I need?

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
So I would just swap that piece in with the hpfp that I already have. Wth is that little piece so expensive damn
yes, there is a diy thread on the forums for it.

Also you can buy a preassembled unit also for someone like, APR,HPA, Nostrum