GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Shift Knobs

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
The only thing you should really screw up removing the stock knob is the clip that holds it on, but I would just replace it with an o-ring if I had to put the stock back on.

Jshinz24

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 SE MT
You can remove the stock knob in a manner that it can be reinstalled. It just takes a little more patience than the quicker method. Of course you can also get the whole kit from SportShifters and keep your stock knob, surround and boot.
Yea, I’ll try and be patient, I’m not too worried about it really. I’m just excited to get my new one now lol

Jshinz24

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 SE MT
The only thing you should really screw up removing the stock knob is the clip that holds it on, but I would just replace it with an o-ring if I had to put the stock back on.
I never thought of that. I have a few spare doodads around the garage I’m sure I could use to secure it back if I go to stock for some reason.

HstephenG

Go Kart Champion
Well, that's one beautifully made product. Need to finally toss on my Bend-o-Matic 034 upper and lower dogbone mounts and off for a test drive.

I copied you and @El_bigote_AJ and ordered the same one today - can't wait!

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
I copied you and @El_bigote_AJ and ordered the same one today - can't wait!
Mine has the italicized shift pattern though, lol.

Also - I actually found out about this brand from another member on here who had it on their build Thread @Navi

HstephenG

Go Kart Champion
Mine has the italicized shift pattern though, lol.

Also - I actually found out about this brand from another member on here who had it on their build Thread @Navi
Ah so it does! I went non-italicized.
Thanks to @Navi are in order too then!

Last edited:

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
I think I ordered italicized, but don't really mind either way. Hopefully yours doesn't end up in US Customs hell like mine did!

9uns

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
gti
is it possible to get the sportshifter's GT2 shift knob without the red shift gate engraving?

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Just want to check. This is a $400 knob correct?
Yeah the boot and trim is like $170-200+ On its own depending on what you select

At the time of picking up the know I got it during his black Friday special as that was the start of him offering a few OTS designs I think it was $110.