GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Shift Knobs

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Just the Sport Shifter, same as @El_bigote_AJ 's.
I ordered mine right as things were getting locked down and the shipment got out of the Netherlands just in time but got held up in our Customs for a couple of months.
I’ve been working with Roy for the last 8 weeks on my custom trim ring too, it’s gonna be super trick when done though.

CarolinaPanthers

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
18 GTI 6mt
I’m a Raceseng Sphereology fan. Added their shift boot cover and it makes the shift knob sit up the littlest bit higher. Love the height and feel of the shifter, though I thought the height before the cover was about perfect.

Also like the looks of the Slammer knob. Bummed they no longer offer the Slamm delrin cover for the ology core.

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
Cobb shift knob with BFI Alcantara boot.

shiftandpbboots.jpg

Attachments

• cobbknob.jpg
    cobbknob.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 365

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Please elaborate on the design!
Like this, But with forged carbon (that’s been the delay since he’s been trying to make the sheet and get it to match my steering wheel) will have left, right, Front inserts with the rabbit text n logo on the bottom edge.

http://instagr.am/p/B-sFOVYnVrJ/

DarkArrow

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'18 R
lathe.jpg
lathe2.jpg

Made of a temperature neutral plastic copolymer, so it won't burn or freeze your hand. Sorry for crappy second picture, I included it to show the height.

Custom hand made to order. If you were ever in the Suby community, you've probably heard of WC Lathewerks. Mine was the first knob he made for the Mk7, and I love it. There's more options than what's listed on the site, almost anything he makes can be made for the Mk7, so I'd search other cars to get a better idea of the different options available.

https://www.lathewerks.com/volkswagen/golf-mark-7.html

Last edited:

9uns

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
gti
View attachment 174035 View attachment 174036

Made of a temperature neutral plastic copolymer, so it won't burn or freeze your hand. Sorry for crappy second picture, I included it to show the height.

Custom hand made to order. If you were ever in the Suby community, you've probably heard of WC Lathewerks. Mine was the first knob he made for the Mk7, and I love it. There's more options than what's listed on the site, almost anything he makes can be made for the Mk7, so I'd search other cars to get a better idea of the different options available.

https://www.lathewerks.com/volkswagen/golf-mark-7.html
You may have the solution to my dilemma

Charlotte.:R

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'18 Golf R 6MT
I got a BFI knob first, but ended up wanting something heavier so I got a Raceseng Sphereology. IMO the Racenseng mounts tighter, the set screws are larger and and there are 4 instead of the 3 on the BFI.

BFI - 2.JPG

!Installed1.JPG

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
LOVE the boot, and the knob is nice, until that damn ginormous COBB billboard at the collar. Why do so many knob makers feel compelled to do this?

Idk man, but getting compliments all the time on it takes the sting away lol

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
I got a BFI knob first, but ended up wanting something heavier so I got a Raceseng Sphereology. IMO the Racenseng mounts tighter, the set screws are larger and and there are 4 instead of the 3 on the BFI.

View attachment 174048

View attachment 174049
Yeah, the racenseng looks soo much better. Just looking at these to pics back to back cause the size and flow, the little shaft diameter just ruins it for me...sucks cause the upper section looks great aside from the small size

Last edited:

PowerDemon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI, Camaro ZL1
I considered the BFI knob awhile back when I was first looking at aftermarket knobs. Then I found the Raceseng knob and knew that was the way I wanted to go. Stunning build quality, nice and heavy, and a variety of shapes and sizes. I went with the Topology and never looked back. I have it set on it's lowest setting. Still love it after 30,000 miles on my car.

One of my buddies has a BFI one on his Mk4 and the lightness was an interesting change from mine, but it felt significantly cheaper and did not blend as well in the cabin.

IMG_3758 2.jpg

IMG_3227.jpg