GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Shift Knobs

9uns

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
gti
I currently have the Raceseng Ashiko knob in my car but want a smaller shift knob (height and width). I like the weight of the knob so I'd like to get something similar in weight. What are you all using besides Boomba, Euro Impulse or BFI?

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
BFI knobs are fairly lighter, like half the weight.

9uns

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
gti
BFI knobs are fairly lighter, like half the weight.

I really wanted a BFI knob when I first got my GTI but couldn't justify the cost when I got my ashiko for way less shipped to my door. I probably will end up getting their alcantara shift boot though. Are you using BFI?

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
I really wanted a BFI knob when I first got my GTI but couldn't justify the cost when I got my ashiko for way less shipped to my door. I probably will end up getting their alcantara shift boot though. Are you using BFI?

I bought the first one they came out with for my mk6 gti and used it for almost a year until I switched to raceseng. My biggest issue with the BFI knob was the size, it was just too small for me. My next knob after that was the ashiko, but I ended up hating the shape of this one. The flat top just wasn't very comfortable to me. I liked the quality and weight of raceseng a lot more than BFI, so I tried a different a raceseng knob. I replaced the ashiko with a slammer and I've been using a slammer ever since, even kept it so I could install it in my R.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
https://sportshifters.com/

Great company, with unreal attention to details (check out thier Instagram for lots of pics)

I have one of the knobs now and he is building me a custom trim ring now, I’m not a fan of the BFIs looks in the mk7 especially how narrow the shafts is where it mates to the boot...all I see is a mk4 knob when I look at those.

ABA39F40-89FA-4C1F-ACD0-5FDD57638D2F.jpeg
CEF2BED6-B700-4B44-B644-E7B727351C5B.jpeg
8D007295-05BC-4EB7-B1DA-11DAF4DB44F4.jpeg
A82E59B1-3CF5-4E99-8B59-C5FA1BEE7591.jpeg

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
I have a Sport Shifter held up in customs. Just know that things take a little longer than usual right now. I like that it's not that heavy, roughly the same as a BFI, but you can have them make them heavier if you'd prefer.

9uns

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
gti
https://sportshifters.com/

Great company, with unreal attention to details (check out thier Instagram for lots of pics)

I have one of the knobs now and he is building me a custom trim ring now, I’m not a fan of the BFIs looks in the mk7 especially how narrow the shafts is where it mates to the boot...all I see is a mk4 knob when I look at those.

View attachment 173704View attachment 173705View attachment 173706View attachment 173708

I came across yours when I was googling. I'll go check them out right now.

9uns

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
gti
I have a twm spooky, love it. It's made of delrin so it doesnt get really hot in summer and has a good weight to it.

looks like twm performance is no more. site's down and their fb says they're for sale.

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
Terrible pic, but I had a titanium one in my M Coupe that was fine even in Southern Cal and Texas summers. Minor pain in that it didn't have a shift pattern, but not a big deal.

9uns

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
gti
Terrible pic, but I had a titanium one in my M Coupe that was fine even in Southern Cal and Texas summers. Minor pain in that it didn't have a shift pattern, but not a big deal.

I got mine w/o the shift pattern and I prefer that look. Is that TWM? Looks chrome to me..

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
I got mine w/o the shift pattern and I prefer that look. Is that TWM? Looks chrome to me..
It was polished titanium. Not nearly as hot as a stainless one I had in my Miata. It was a Ti Cavallino 130 R knob, they weren't in business very long.

Clem604

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI
I had a Forge "Big Knob" when I first got the car. The weight was great but its maximum height was still way too low for my liking. Months after I bought a billet BFI knob with the MK7 height adapter and couldn't be happier. I bought it during a sale so the price wasn't too bad.

20190509_063227.jpg

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI Sport | Audi A3
Third party shift knobs are what I miss about not having a manual trans. Options are a lot fewer than I had way back in the day. They are a small part...but can really change the look of the interior.

The Boombs knob was going to be my first mod if I got a manual trans. I love how it puts the shift knob so low. I remember guys cutting the shift lever shaft down because some sat so high.

This Oettinger knob is one of my favorites. I wish I kept my Oettinger and Abt shift knobs. These are from the late 90's early 2000's.

Oettingerknob.jpg

Corrado005.jpg

Abtknob-1.jpg