GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Shift Knobs

acorazza

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2018 GTI 6MT
If you like Raceseng but want something smaller you can always look at another one from them. I have the Sphereology & Topology. The Topology is shaped like the Ashiko and the pretty heavy too. The sphereology is smaller but still heavy. I actually just changed them up for the Circuit Sphere as I was looking for something that sits a little higher.

9uns

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
gti
If you like Raceseng but want something smaller you can always look at another one from them. I have the Sphereology & Topology. The Topology is shaped like the Ashiko and the pretty heavy too. The sphereology is smaller but still heavy. I actually just changed them up for the Circuit Sphere as I was looking for something that sits a little higher.

i really like the circuit 100 but worried it might be too tall for my liking. that's the only other offering from raceseng that speaks to me at the moment.

9uns

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
gti
Third party shift knobs are what I miss about not having a manual trans. Options are a lot fewer than I had way back in the day. They are a small part...but can really change the look of the interior.

The Boombs knob was going to be my first mod if I got a manual trans. I love how it puts the shift knob so low. I remember guys cutting the shift lever shaft down because some sat so high.

This Oettinger knob is one of my favorites. I wish I kept my Oettinger and Abt shift knobs. These are from the late 90's early 2000's.

View attachment 173851

View attachment 173852

View attachment 173853
i like that oettinger knob...time to find one. thanks!!

acorazza

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2018 GTI 6MT
i really like the circuit 100 but worried it might be too tall for my liking. that's the only other offering from raceseng that speaks to me at the moment.

It sits about the same height as the OEM knob I think but its feels more substantial. I always felt myself grabbing too much towards the top on my Topology knob so I decided to give it a try and it has been great since.

shinta86

Car(s)
2020 GTI SE
I got the Billetworks Cosmic Purple with Japanese text.

1589926349789.png

9uns

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
gti
It sits about the same height as the OEM knob I think but its feels more substantial. I always felt myself grabbing too much towards the top on my Topology knob so I decided to give it a try and it has been great since.
yeah that might be too high for my liking then. unfortunate. wish they would make a shorter version of that knob.

acorazza

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2018 GTI 6MT
yeah that might be too high for my liking then. unfortunate. wish they would make a shorter version of that knob.

I tried to get a measurement but it’s not the most scientific work. I couldn’t get the topology cover off and my tool was in the house but I think it’s a little smaller and probably sit a touch shorter than the topology. It definitely feels smaller in the hand.

7A01CA2D-1396-435A-8685-56795822AC07.jpeg
2E0BBE4D-7C0B-480E-BDA5-9999CD022645.jpeg

9uns

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
gti
I tried to get a measurement but it’s not the most scientific work. I couldn’t get the topology cover off and my tool was in the house but I think it’s a little smaller and probably sit a touch shorter than the topology. It definitely feels smaller in the hand.

View attachment 173981View attachment 173982

i appreciate the pictures man, you didn't have to do all that! so it sits about 1.5 inches higher than the topology knob which is similar in height to my ashiko. gonna go take a look at my shifter now.

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
i appreciate the pictures man, you didn't have to do all that! so it sits about 1.5 inches higher than the topology knob which is similar in height to my ashiko. gonna go take a look at my shifter now.
I know the quarantine is hard, but try to stop playing with your knob.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
The knobs all have a good amount of adjustability though.

I tried as short as I could go first, but it was so short my fingers were literally touching the trim in front of the shifter.

I raised it up quite a bit after that. I think right now it's even taller than that.

Don't shove in the whole shaft. Just the tip.

Gptuners

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI S
That's the one I want. It has such an old rally car vibe.