GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Open source tuning solution

golfather

But will flashing with VW_Flash tool increase the flash counter and the date?
Or do they remain unchanged due to the way VW_Flash works

Thanks

golfather

Hey chaps
Is there a similar tool available to map the DSG gearbox ?
Without upping the torque values of the gearbox cannot take advantage of the full potential of a ECU tune

odessa.filez

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GSW 1.8tsi auto
Hi folks,

A 1.8tsi gen3 owner with 09G auto trans here. I:m curious if there are many open source users here with the above setup?

Thinking about doing this but wonder if any headway has happened with 09g torque limitation or with increasing fueling capacity?

Thanks for any info

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
Hi folks,

A 1.8tsi gen3 owner with 09G auto trans here. I:m curious if there are many open source users here with the above setup?

Thinking about doing this but wonder if any headway has happened with 09g torque limitation or with increasing fueling capacity?

Thanks for any info
We have a patch that causes the ECU torque limit from the TCU to read high so we get around the hard limit. I'm also working on a torque lie file to compare to and see how that performs.

Pretty sure that tuning around the torque limiter is lying and under reporting torque, but the patch works pretty good for now. Minor issue with occasional misfire epc on shift, but I've slowly worked those out to where it's rare.

Started building my under reporting file to test, should have more info in a few weeks. Car is in the shop for body work until next monday.

odessa.filez

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GSW 1.8tsi auto

odessa.filez

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GSW 1.8tsi auto
What level of coding experience do most have? Can someone with less sophisticated knowledge (in my case VBA, but rusty due to retirement) jump in on this?

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
What level of coding experience do most have? Can someone with less sophisticated knowledge (in my case VBA, but rusty due to retirement) jump in on this?
You just need to have an understanding of how modern engine management works. The software development is handled by the software devs, you tune your car using a visual interface. You essentially need to edit tables and make them all work together.

I'm still not confident all the automagic bugs are ironed out, but I really don't see a problem with tuning IS12 automagic cars right now.

odessa.filez

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GSW 1.8tsi auto
You just need to have an understanding of how modern engine management works.
Thanks for the response. To be honest, my understanding is limited to what I've learned(?) through various threads on this forum, logging jb4 and asking questions.

I'd love to get an invite to Discord to get a better sense of where I can take this.