GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Open source tuning solution

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
Thanks for the response. To be honest, my understanding is limited to what I've learned(?) through various threads on this forum, logging jb4 and asking questions.

I'd love to get an invite to Discord to get a better sense of where I can take this.
It's easier than it sounds. If you've ever done SQL or other database style work it's somewhat similar. You're editing the tables in the ECU to change how the logic performs. Not so much writing your own code strings as it is understanding what table does what and how to modify it. The Group in the discord is great and extremely knowledgeable. It's more formula editing than traditional coding, We look up the tables, pull the ones we need, either adjust the table data or the row and column data, test, repeat.

odessa.filez

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GSW 1.8tsi auto
It's easier than it sounds. If you've ever done SQL or other database style work it's somewhat similar. You're editing the tables in the ECU to change how the logic performs. Not so much writing your own code strings as it is understanding what table does what and how to modify it. The Group in the discord is great and extremely knowledgeable. It's more formula editing than traditional coding, We look up the tables, pull the ones we need, either adjust the table data or the row and column data, test, repeat.
Thank you, that sounds like something I can handle.

If anyone can pm me an invite to Discord, I'd appreciate it.

ShagginGSW

Go Kart Newbie
Since I have no access to Discord, thanks Obama, I wanted to see if there had been any feature changes to SimosTools regarding storing of min and max values on the logging. I noticed today that if I wasn't actively looking at a log of say boost it would reset. I also noticed some lagging/stuttering while watching fuel, which was the main log I was looking at.

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
Since I have no access to Discord, thanks Obama, I wanted to see if there had been any feature changes to SimosTools regarding storing of min and max values on the logging. I noticed today that if I wasn't actively looking at a log of say boost it would reset. I also noticed some lagging/stuttering while watching fuel, which was the main log I was looking at.
Set your max logging rate to max, that should smooth out any lag or stuttering unless it's device driven.

As for resetting, should only reset on long press of the screen or if you let the screen turn off or move to another screen IIRC. If the screen is on and not allowed to turn off it should keep values until long press or ignition cycle.