crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs

7umberjackZac

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Gti
2 days later got em. Very happy $9.80 (6)

Tight fit absolutely no way it'll leak now

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

George Ab

Drag Racing Champion
I replaced my oil cap also thinking that would fix the leak but the new one still leaked, so I came up with a solution using a o-ring that I had around. 10k later and no more leaking

/QUOTE]

Brilliant! Thanks for bringing this to our attention and the leg work.

I had my cap replaced under warranty and it solved issue. Have not had any issues, but will keep this in mind if it arises.

Quebster

Autocross Newbie
If anyone can spare an o-ring, PM me. Happy to paypal the cost of stamp and o-ring. I would rather not purchase 10 when I need 1.

I can send a couple if someone hasn’t already.

While the revised oil cap was certainly better, I still got a tiny bit of seep. I just installed the EBay o-ring tonight, cleaned off the area and will continue to monitor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DSC808

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE MT
Mine still had some leakage with the oring. I doubled it up (put another one on) and it was super tight. After driving that day I noticed some weird fluctuating idle. Pulled over and found that the cap had popped off. So I made sure that it was on tight and have not had any seepage since.

Quebster

Autocross Newbie
Mine still had some leakage with the oring. I doubled it up (put another one on) and it was super tight. After driving that day I noticed some weird fluctuating idle. Pulled over and found that the cap had popped off. So I made sure that it was on tight and have not had any seepage since.

Thanks for the heads up..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chiefhiawatha

Ready to race!

This happened to me last week! I thought I had engine problems and the the burning oil smell made me pull over and oil was all over engine compartment. Had not touched the oil cap for more than 4500 miles before it took off.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I purchased a bag of 10 O ring seals on eBay and they fit perfectly. $2.52.

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 3Dr GTi DSG CSG
I purchased a bag of 10 O ring seals on eBay and they fit perfectly. $2.52.

Link please! [emoji106]

I like traffic lights, I LIKE TRAFFIC LIGHTS, especially when they’re green, especially when they’re green!

Supermoto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Autobahn DSG