GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Oil around filler cap

airjor13

Ready to race!
Just checked like 4 different MK7, all have oil weeping around the cap, stupid design.

BravoMike

Go Kart Champion
Guess I'm lucky. My oil cap is dry.

airjor13

Ready to race!

BravoMike

Go Kart Champion
MORE BOOST!!!

Slick99

Ready to race!
Anyone got the R8 oil cap? Will this cap solve the oil seeping issue?

EDIT: just found out this R8 cap won't fit.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Slick99

Ready to race!
No but I was thinking of getting the VWR cap, they claim on their site it solves this issue.
Those are nice, made from billet aluminium but quite steep for $90 on ecstuning.com

airjor13

Ready to race!

Check that revised oil cap design...Chinese market Arteon

kDizz781

Ready to race!
The new oil cap seems to be doing the job

The tech recommended not taking the cap off when the engine is super hot and to let it cool slightly.

Figured I'd give an update.

I am at 20,000 miles now and the oil cap has begun to leak again. Really is annoying and makes it difficult to keep that area of the engine clean.

Calkulin

Ready to race!
I replaced my oil cap also thinking that would fix the leak but the new one still leaked, so I came up with a solution using a o-ring that I had around. 10k later and no more leaking

Slick99

Ready to race!
I replaced my oil cap also thinking that would fix the leak but the new one still leaked, so I came up with a solution using a o-ring that I had around. 10k later and no more leaking

That great idea, will be ordering the O-ring....thanks for the size

DP03

Ready to race!
Just looked at ecstuning. You have to reuse the rubber seal from the OEM cap? For $81 you'd think they could throw in an oring?

DSC808

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE MT

Just ordered a 10 pack for $3.40.