GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

OBDEleven Caution

rcnacura

Passed Driver's Ed
Same issue with PFL models. Audi did update and rendered some obd/VCD commands useless. However both companies were quick to get the correct coding out. With many things, patience is the hard part.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

DV52

Drag Racing Champion
My build date is 01/2017

Stickman: It appears that the problem (it's not really a problem- more like a characteristic), is more about the Part Number/Software version) of the BCM in the car.

I've gotten access to an adaptation channel map (this is VCDS's equivalent to OBD11's Back-up file) for a MY17 Golf Alltrack (NAR model) which has a BCM with the PN/SW version 5Q0-937-087-AA. This car has a perfectly normal adaptation channel list that can pretty-much be found on any previous BCM on a mk7 Golf

Your car has a BCM with the PN/SW ver 5Q0-937-087-AN (NAR model) and it has the
new Parent-child associations.

So I'm guessing that the changes were made somewhere between the AA and AN version of the BCM - not sure where!!

Don

PS: If anyone here has an adaptation channel map (preferably from VCDS) for a BCM (Central electrics module @ address hex09) with the PN/SW ver close to 5Q0-937-087-AN and they are willing to share - I'd welcome a copy, please

Don

Veejster

Passed Driver's Ed
The new control modules should start with a build date of 12/16. This is the date VW provides in many of their new accessories, which either fit up to 12/16 or 12/16+.

carchrism5

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GTI
I have a 12/16 build date and was unable to code with the ODBEleven or VagCom. I didn't spend too much time digging into it so still small possibility of error on my end.

carchrism5

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GTI
I'm still looking to see if anyone has been able to get into the 12/16+ build date cars to code as there are some things I want to do (already bough the ODBEleven) and I'm holding off on buy the OEM LEDs I want for now as it doesn't seem I can properly code them yet. TIA

LJK

Passed Driver's Ed
I'm hoping its just a separate part number and not a software thing because my dealer wants to update the software on the radio.

Stickman

Passed Driver's Ed
I'm still looking to see if anyone has been able to get into the 12/16+ build date cars to code as there are some things I want to do (already bough the ODBEleven) and I'm holding off on buy the OEM LEDs I want for now as it doesn't seem I can properly code them yet. TIA

In addition, I just ran into a wall on the Air Conditioning module that I started a separate thread on and looking for help with. Hopefully someone from OBDEleven is catching this stuff.

DV52

Drag Racing Champion
I'm hoping its just a separate part number and not a software thing because my dealer wants to update the software on the radio.

LJK: When the dealer says that he wants to update the software on the radio, he is talking about firmware, not adaptation channels, or code string on the module

Hotfart

Ready to race!
2017 Sport here, with a build date of February 2017. Some changes will work, while others I don't even have access to. The big one I'm unable to access is the starting vibration reduction (torque limiter), which is a bummer. Here's to hoping a resolution is found soon!

Last edited:

DV52

Drag Racing Champion
2017 Sport here, with a build date of February 2017. Some changes will work, while others I don't even have access to. The big one I'm unable to access is the starting vibration reduction (torque limiter), which is a bummer. Here's to hoping a resolution is found soon!

Hotfart: If you post-up a copy of the backup data for the Brake module on your car - I'll have a look at it for you - I'm positive we can find a way of doing the tweak manually

Don

Hotfart

Ready to race!
Hotfart: If you post-up a copy of the backup data for the Brake module on your car - I'll have a look at it for you - I'm positive we can find a way of doing the tweak manually

Don

Nice, thanks, much appreciated! Where is the backup data located in OBD11? It might be the morning before I can get to that...