GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

OBDEleven Caution

Stickman

Passed Driver's Ed
After a lot of head scratching and research it appears that Volkswagen has executed a major control module re-write on some 2017 models (mine for sure) rendering OBDEleven ineffective at best and useless at worst. So far the only thing I've been able to change is turning off the soundaktor. Certainly not something I needed to spend 60 bucks on. I picked my car up on 2/11/17 so it's a recent build and not a changeover model. I wouldn't encourage anyone with a 2017 to rush to buy an OBDEleven until this issue has been addressed.

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs
Mine works.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

triharderken

Ready to race!
Bought my 17 at the end of 10/16. Everything works. The only differences are that my mirror dip and return reliably works and I had to have the nannies disabled so I could adjust my drive modes and other settings while driving.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Stickman

Passed Driver's Ed
I am most certainly in the minority on this issue as considerable success has been reported by others. I got some serious help and was able to come up with an answer for the DRL issue so I'm happy about that. I don't know if this was a mid run change VW made or if I'm just lucky and got a one off. Makes me wonder if VW is tinkering with these things on the fly as my car has some features enabled that others are trying to code. In any event, I just wanted to give a heads up that may help someone if they run into a dead end with apps or adaptation.

Mr.Tebo

Ready to race!
Where did you find this information? My 17 works with OBDELEVEN and would be very unhappy to have an updated firmware undo the tweaks

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

LJK

Passed Driver's Ed
I got a notice in the mail for some sort of update, is that what you're talking about? i can make a copy of the letter if you guys want to see it

JDMGolfR

Ready to race!
posting info on OBDElevens update/warning would be great, got my 7R November 2016, build date a few months before that. did have a lot of issues with some items (DRL settings) and OBDEleven support said they would need to check once they get a later build in their shop.

however with lots of blind messing around have managed to get everything to work that I wanted.

up4speed

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI
After a lot of head scratching and research it appears that Volkswagen has executed a major control module re-write on some 2017 models (mine for sure) rendering OBDEleven ineffective at best and useless at worst. So far the only thing I've been able to change is turning off the soundaktor. Certainly not something I needed to spend 60 bucks on. I picked my car up on 2/11/17 so it's a recent build and not a changeover model. I wouldn't encourage anyone with a 2017 to rush to buy an OBDEleven until this issue has been addressed.

This is very easy to check.
Please read the build date on your drivers side door jamb and post it. Then wait to see if someone with a later build date can program their car with OBDeleven or not. (it doesn't matter when the car was purchased, it matters when it was built)

Joel

Ready to race!
2017 with a build date of 10/16.
Seem to have full function with OBD11.

Have backed up each module.
Removed seat belt warning.
Turned off sound aktor.
Comfort blink to 5.
ECS can now be turned off holding the button for 5 seconds.
Starting vibration reduction deactivated.
Windows roll up/down with fob.

Stickman

Passed Driver's Ed
This is very easy to check.
Please read the build date on your drivers side door jamb and post it. Then wait to see if someone with a later build date can program their car with OBDeleven or not. (it doesn't matter when the car was purchased, it matters when it was built)

My build date is 01/2017

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs
Do you have obd11 pro?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk