GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Michelin PSAS 4

chillax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
18 GTI SE plaid
If I had a dollar for every time someone tried to tell me you can run DWS instead of snow tires... well I'd have a lot of dollars.

Who actually says that? They are meant to be decent in the snow for a performance tire.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
Who actually says that? They are meant to be decent in the snow for a performance tire.
I’d say the dws as3+ and as4 are meant for light snow. I sure as hell wouldn’t want to go up the mountains with any of those three in the middle of a blizzard. There’s just no way

IanCH

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'20 GTI
There have been dozens of people on the b8 s4 boards and the golf r boards over the years who come in trying to argue that you dont need a winter tire at all and that dws06 are good enough... I have argued with them about it.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
There have been dozens of people on the b8 s4 boards and the golf r boards over the years who come in trying to argue that you dont need a winter tire at all and that dws06 are good enough... I have argued with them about it.
I think those folks are right. And wrong.
I think it’s just gonna depend on what your winter looks like.

Here in Colorado. There’s just no way. But let’s take me for example. I drove 50-400 miles a month. I’ve always worked from home. And I only go out when I need to. It’s never for fun. I can make an argument for preferring the as4’s

my wife drives about 1200 miles a month. She works Monday through Friday. There’s no flexibility here. She’d do best with proper snow tires.

Sc629

Go Kart Newbie
I've had 2 sets of the AS3 + tires and got about 20,000 miles out of each set. I do drive pretty aggressively and Discount Tires keeps giving me credit for not getting to the 45K treadlife warranty.
Do you mind sharing how much they gave you in credit?

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
Just pulled the trigger on getting these PSAS 4's. We barely get any snow in my area and when we do get snow, it's only a couple of inches so all-season tires are fine for my winters. My previous all-season tires, PSAS 3+, handle pretty good during the winter time except for when I would floor it, then it's spin city up to 4th gear. I'll see how these new ones handle in comparison to my old ones.

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
Just pulled the trigger on getting these PSAS 4's. We barely get any snow in my area and when we do get snow, it's only a couple of inches so all-season tires are fine for my winters. My previous all-season tires, PSAS 3+, handle pretty good during the winter time except for when I would floor it, then it's spin city up to 4th gear. I'll see how these new ones handle in comparison to my old ones.
Yeah, the 3+ were so close to being fully functional in light snow that I'm hoping the 4's are just enough better to finally be sufficient for hitting ski areas on relatively groomed days, I don't need blizzard worthiness, or to really even deal with ice, I'd just like the tires to handle a few inches of snow.

IanCH

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'20 GTI
Yeah, the 3+ were so close to being fully functional in light snow that I'm hoping the 4's are just enough better to finally be sufficient for hitting ski areas on relatively groomed days, I don't need blizzard worthiness, or to really even deal with ice, I'd just like the tires to handle a few inches of snow.
What you don't like the death slide down a slight decline in 2 in of snow? :ROFLMAO:

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
ftfy

AWD doesn't effect braking or turning at all, but yes, very funny. Have fun with your shitty interior and exploding engines.
And yet, 400hp later. A car with over 18k track miles won’t explode 🤷🏽‍♂️

I literally only use it on track.

awd doesn’t do much for braking in shit weather. But in the turns? Absolutely.

only nice thing inside mine is the steering wheel and the recaro seats. But I assure you, no one buys a Subaru for a nicer interior.

now my other Subaru, the one with snow tires. E85 and stage 1 protune with a strong clutch. That’s the snow ride. U know how many people I’ve pulled out of shitty situations with that car? Sorry but I’ll take Awd over fwd in shitty weather any day of the week. This ones even been through major blizzards, hurricanes and tropical storms

u don’t know what you’re talking about