GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Michelin PSAS 4

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'15 CSG GTI 2DR M/T
Trying to decide between these and the Conti DWS06+ tbh. Going to have to decide soon or else the original factory tires are going back on. Running out of time šŸ˜…

There are a couple of threads comparing the DWS06 and the AS3+. Bottom line is that they were pretty much the same.
Though I seem to remember some people saying that the Conti performed a little better in the snow. But at a slight sacrifice to dry grip.
Not sure if there is a new Conti comparable to the new Michelin though. And everything I have read so far about the AS4 says it is superior to the AS3+.

tigeo

Autocross Champion
Just got the PS AS 4s. Fantastic tires. Much stiffer ride than prev. Contis I had (Control Contact Sport SRS - similar to the DWS06). Quiet on the highway. Handling is much improved. Running 235/40/18s on 18x8.5 et45.

20210925_110034 (1).jpg

tigeo

Autocross Champion
Wheels and brakes look great. Flow formed or forged?
The flow formed. Hard to argue with a set of sub-19lb wheels for a grand.

01LSi

Passed Driver's Ed
Guys I just got the Goodyear Eagles installed 2 days ago and already got to drive around in both dry and rain. Very happy not disappointed at all :) . I can't believe I'm saying this but more comfortable than the stock tires, like hitting bumps is better in sports mode, and just better performance in every way? I know they're brand new (3 out of 4 of my tires were new RE970AS) but no slipping in wet. AS 3+ slipped in wet day 1 for me on my old car.

Would be nice to know what the PSAS 4 feel like and if they wouldn't disappoint the way I felt about my AS 3+ 's - but I just have one car lol.

It actually seems like the DCC options are less subtle, like I can tell comfort mode makes a little more difference now than prior.

Thanks for all your replies

GenX Retread

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2021 GTI Autobahn
So, as always the Michelin gets rave reviews - this is no surprise to me. I've loved every pair of Michelin tires I've ever ran, on 4 wheels and on 2.

Now that there are more months and miles on these tires, how are they holding up?

In the spring I'm going to mount new rims and rubber, along with RSB and mild lowering springs. Probably RSe10's in 18x8.5 ET45. Doing the 'on paper' thing, I'm split between the Michelin PSAS4 and the Conti DWS06+. On paper the Conti wins, but descriptions about vague feel leave me a little cold.

My priorities are better feel and grip, quieter (the stock P7's are awful), good dry and wet traction and less harshness. Snow performance is of no consequence; I have Michelin X-Ice Snows on my factory rims. Wear life is sort of important, so I'll probably stay away from the PS4S, and my theme for the car is less pocket rocket and more compact GT car.

I've found very little direct user comparison between these two. Whatcha think?

mrmatto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2024 GTI DSG
As someone who has had the DWS06(non plus) and PSAS4:

The Contis definitely had less feel and response than the Michelins, but rode smoother and quieter. Grip seemed excellent on both. I didnā€™t like them because they were too rubbery and vague, perhaps the plus version improved on this,

PSAS4 are surely still quieter than stock tires, and definitely perform better. IMHO they balance sporty response and grip with pretty good road manners and moderate noise.

tigeo

Autocross Champion
Update - actually took mine on the track for 2 days at VIR recently. They did great - obviously not ideal track tires and without much negative camber, the outer edges are a bit melty/tore up but other than that, certainly worked within the skill of the driver. I stil think these are a firm-riding tire vs. any other AS I've had.
_23A3014.JPG

amsr

Ready to race!
I just replaced my AS3+ with AS4. Jury is still out. Initial impressions is that the AS3+ felt more confident on turn in and more planted. The AS4 feels more numb on turn in and a bit bouncy. Itā€™s a weird feeling. Maybe they tried to make the AS4 feel more ā€œASā€. The AS3+ felt like a summer performance tire to me. Better turn in an similar grip to the Potenza S004 I had on my BMW.