GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Michelin PSAS 4

Firstgentalon

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 1.8 TSI
Just wrapped up a 2700mi road trip in the new AS4s. They were amazing the whole way. Had a few straight days of torrential down pours and they held up great in the rain too. Haven’t tested the snow yet but overall still impressed.

KevinC

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'19 Golf R, '21 M2c
Mine are going on Tuesday. I live at just a hair under 5000 ft and do too much wintery driving to stay on summer tires. I had DWS06's on my previous R and they were quite good for my conditions, even was happy with them in the dry. Will report back with impressions once I have some actual miles on them.

Jovian

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI
How would you compare the ride quality to the AS3+? I have those and it is too harsh for the crappy roads around here. I was going to swap them for the DWS06 which are known to have a softer sidewall.

Honestly having trouble remembering. I redid the suspension on the car since I had those tires and changed up my driving technique a little since then. This is why I didnt do the compare against them.

From what I have been hearing the sidewall on the PSAS4 is not as stiff which should give them a softer ride.

w124_karl

Ready to race!
Drove mine on a 2 hour round trip today. The car feels just right to me on these. Like the GTI itself, they do a lot of things very very well.

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
Got mine from Discount Tire last week. They matched DTD's $100 off (a set) special, took an extra $20 off each tire, and then I got $140 back in rebates too.

Now I have to wait until spring to try them

UA TDI

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Anyone run these in 235 width on stock 18x7.5 wheels? I have the AS3+ in 225 width on my Nogaros and while I love the performance, they ride pretty hard with my suspension setup. I’d love to go a size up with the AS4s at 235 for that extra bit of comfort but I’m wondering if it’s overdoing it on the stock wheels. Thanks!

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
Anyone run these in 235 width on stock 18x7.5 wheels? I have the AS3+ in 225 width on my Nogaros and while I love the performance, they ride pretty hard with my suspension setup. I’d love to go a size up with the AS4s at 235 for that extra bit of comfort but I’m wondering if it’s overdoing it on the stock wheels. Thanks!

if you want more comfort, you’ll get more out of a 225/45 than a 235/40 when comparing to a 225/40.

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
Good point, I overlooked this as a possibility but that’s certainly true!

I know you’re specifically asking about stock wheel sizes, but a 17x7.5 with 225/45’s is gonna ride a good bit better than 18x7.5 with 235/40, while maintaining a nearly identical rolling diameter (no speedo adjustment necessary)

I am currently on the hunt for RSE-05’s in 17x7.5, so I can throw 225/45’s on em for my winter setup, they’d still make for great performance and comfort as a summer setup, I just already have 18x8.5 RSE-10’s with 235/40’s

Last edited:

Golfer883

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
19 GTI rabbit
getting ready to replace the stock bridestones with some Michelin PsAS4 on my 19 gti rabbit with the 18"x 7.5 stock OEM pretoria rims. Thinking I will go with the same exact stock tire size, 225/40/18. I see alot of people using 235 for the 18"x 8 aftermarket wheels, not sure I'm thinking its a good idea for the OEM 18" 7.5 wheels, what do you guys think?

Reyes351

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'17 VW GTI Sport
getting ready to replace the stock bridestones with some Michelin PsAS4 on my 19 gti rabbit with the 18"x 7.5 stock OEM pretoria rims. Thinking I will go with the same exact stock tire size, 225/40/18. I see alot of people using 235 for the 18"x 8 aftermarket wheels, not sure I'm thinking its a good idea for the OEM 18" 7.5 wheels, what do you guys think?
I have them in 225/40/18 on my Nogaros, I think they're perfectly fine, but I'm also curious about them in 235 lol

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
You’ll have worse turn-in but more general comfort. Also more protection for the lip of your wheel, from curbage.

If your car is 100% daily driver I’d say go 235 for the comfort. If performance is really your primary concern then you’re best with 225

DarkArrow

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'18 R

I highly doubt you'll notice any significant difference.