GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Maestro DIY Tuning Help

MadMen

Ready to race!
What happens if you would make it richer over 6k, probably wait for Diggs or Hoons input but I would target .75 lambda just to see what happens.

At this point, I'll try anything. It just baffles the mind that I get the same 3 and 3.75 degree KR no matter what fuel or e-blend I use.

Starting to suspect maybe carbon buildup on the valves. Only thing I can see making the same noise in the motor regardless of fuel.

ATR

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
'17 Golf R 6mt
At this point, I'll try anything. It just baffles the mind that I get the same 3 and 3.75 degree KR no matter what fuel or e-blend I use.

Starting to suspect maybe carbon buildup on the valves. Only thing I can see making the same noise in the motor regardless of fuel.
Might also be the dual mass flywheel. I know a buddy of mine had some issues with knock related to the engine/transmission mounts he was using in relation to the clutch and dual mass flywheel.

MadMen

Ready to race!
Might also be the dual mass flywheel. I know a buddy of mine had some issues with knock related to the engine/transmission mounts he was using in relation to the clutch and dual mass flywheel.

Hmm. I may have to take a look at my mounts. It seems to be a hardware issue, but not necessarily engine internals. So that's one thing to check. I'm running the CtS turbo mounts.

ATR

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
'17 Golf R 6mt
Hmm. I may have to take a look at my mounts. It seems to be a hardware issue, but not necessarily engine internals. So that's one thing to check. I'm running the CtS turbo mounts.
Buddy was running similar mounts (Revo) and had false knock that seemed to be partly because of the worn dual mass flywheel (he was manual transmission though).

ATR

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
'17 Golf R 6mt
Any tuning tips on how to reduce turbo lag/spool through Maestro? ex. increase timing, etc.
Generally speaking...
Get a turbo that spools quicker would be the best option. Pushing the turbo too hard too soon can be a bad thing as well.

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
Should be at zero until it hits the target setpoint.
Exactly. My ED Maestro base map already wanted to command all the boost really early on, so spool was not an issue. I actually had to dial it back. Wondering if his wastegate is not closed.

MadMen

Ready to race!
Anyone play with the “fuel per stroke” function in ED yet?

Curious what you have all found?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I brought it down to 200, hoping to possibly reduce rail pressure. Didn't make a difference, and I was too nervous to keep going lower.

beaumier2006

Ready to race!
I just don’t understand why Chris wouldn’t just enable the proper controls in maestro. You Cobb guys are surpassing us with ease. I wish Cobb would have done The A3/S3. I liked Cobb with my rotated X3071r WRX.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
I loved having real time tuning on Subaru. The Subaru tuning software was better, but the VW ECU is better.

rafael.koerber

Just a dumb question ...
If I buy the maestro tunning cable, does it come with standard eurodyne maps for stage 2? Or do I have to purchoise them separetely?

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Just a dumb question ...
If I buy the maestro tunning cable, does it come with standard eurodyne maps for stage 2? Or do I have to purchoise them separetely?

The cable is a cable. Everything costs credits. If you pay for a cable with Maestro it has enough credits to flash base files and Maestro files. If you buy a cable without Maestro it has enough credits to flash any base tune file. If later you want Maestro you just buy some credits.