GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Maestro DIY Tuning Help

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Sell the HPFP and go MPI. You really gotta get that fuel pressure under control. Have you tried any drastic cuts to those fuel pressure tables to get it to come down? I wonder if your fuel doesn't have the chance to dwell long enough to cool the cylinders and then you start to get hotspots.... I feel like I've said this before though.

Those injectors should be open way longer, like this:

https://datazap.me/u/diggs24/log-1564107004?log=0&data=1-16

ChrisMk77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 GTI Performance
Sell the HPFP and go MPI. You really gotta get that fuel pressure under control. Have you tried any drastic cuts to those fuel pressure tables to get it to come down? I wonder if your fuel doesn't have the chance to dwell long enough to cool the cylinders and then you start to get hotspots.... I feel like I've said this before though.

What happens when you change target lamda? Injection window or pressure change or both?

MadMen

Ready to race!

I've tried reducing the rail pressure maps down to 180 where it was 200, but that didn't seem to change much. I'm gonna try putting the stock HPFP back in and lower the E content to see if I can at least rule those things out.

Not sure how to get my pulsewidth to change though. Doesn't seem to be affected by any of the fueling changes I make.

MadMen

Ready to race!
Unless you have the same issue railroader did where one of the exhaust flaps was shut. They both open?

Both are open. I coded them open and definitely see a nice even soot stain on all 4 tips now.

What happens when you change target lamda? Injection window or pressure change or both?

I've moved it from .79 to .83 with no noticeable change. We don't have control of the hpfp with maestro, or injection window as far as I can tell :/

beaumier2006

Ready to race!
I'm at my wit's end trying to figure out the ridiculous KR I constantly get with this car. No matter how little boost or timing I try to run, I still get a good bit of KR. Different gas stations, E contents, and so on. Different plugs, coils, and so on. Nothing seems to cure it.

Yes, I know it's a bit more common on the S3, but surely others aren't having the issues I'm having. I can't run more than 7* timing - and even at that, I'm getting significant KR.

Seriously at the point of just going the route of putting as much stock parts back on it and get rid of this thing.

This log is with E57 in the tank. No faster than running 93 octane when I dragy, due to the KR pulling all the timing.

https://datazap.me/u/madtoy/s2-1b?log=0&data=1-19-20-21-22&zoom=23-81&mark=79-62

Same issues here with my A3 after installing the HPFP. I’m going back to stock and installing my MPI. Hell with that HPFP mod. Been a giant pain in my ass. Hoping to get control of this knock myself. Is your idle super rough as well?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Same issues here with my A3 after installing the HPFP. I’m going back to stock and installing my MPI. Hell with that HPFP mod. Been a giant pain in my ass. Hoping to get control of this knock myself. Is your idle super rough as well?

add another point to your fuel pump speed. think we were at 11? go 12

MadMen

Ready to race!

Idle is very smooth, even going from 93 to E50 on the same tune (with ethanol slider).

add another point to your fuel pump speed. think we were at 11? go 12

Mine is at 17.

MadMen

Ready to race!
I tried one last time to see if lowering rail pressure tables could help. Oddly, it made it worse, and caused bigger spikes. So letting it cool down so I can put the stock hpfp back in.

But for the life of me, I don't see how I can get any control of the injector pulsewidth. I'm assuming lower rail pressure, or changing pump speed may do it?

MadMen

Ready to race!
lowering rail pressure and putting in oem pump should make it go up automatically

I just put the stock HPFP back in. Adjusting tune now to see any change. Back to E25 for now.