GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

JerseyDrew's 2016 GTI S build, a.k.a. Jersey Devil

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
Forgot to update this. I got my car back on Saturday and just been going through the break-in process. I do have one code that won't go away which is the P168D that's for the 3rd oil pressure sensor which is located at the bottom of the block. I think it might be getting triggered from the break-in oil, due to it being a light weight oil. So I ordered a new sensor which will arrive tomorrow and then we'll slap it on. If it still triggers the code, then I will switch break-in oils to the Motul one which is 10w40 but I rather not to because the Motul oil has friction modifiers in it while the Amsoil brand doesn't. For race engines, a break-in oil with no friction modifiers is better for the engine.

Problem fixed. It was a faulty oil pressure sensor that kept throwing the code. Now I can give it half to 3/4 throttle, just not full throttle because I'm still in the break-in process, which seems to be taking forever.

The Dude

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI S
Problem fixed. It was a faulty oil pressure sensor that kept throwing the code. Now I can give it half to 3/4 throttle, just not full throttle because I'm still in the break-in process, which seems to be taking forever.
Vids of part throttle spools?

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
How does it feel at that throttle?

Escape Hatch

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
But of course I am! Ed's been tuning my car since the day he arrived here on the forum which was back in 2018.
Yup, same here. So long ago in fact my AP is in the old Cobb formatting so I am unable to upgrade to v2.51 unless I want another custom tune. Looking forward to seeing your end results.

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
Yup, same here. So long ago in fact my AP is in the old Cobb formatting so I am unable to upgrade to v2.51 unless I want another custom tune. Looking forward to seeing your end results.

I remember the days where it would only take 1 day to have a revision from Ed. Sometimes within the same day, if I caught him at the right moment. There were times where he would hound me for the datalog because I wasn't sending them back right away.

Escape Hatch

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
I remember the days where it would only take 1 day to have a revision from Ed. Sometimes within the same day, if I caught him at the right moment. There were times where he would hound me for the datalog because I wasn't sending them back right away.
Those days are long gone...

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
Finally finished the break-in mileage which was 500 miles. For the first 250 miles I had that Amsoil SAE 30 break-in oil and my engine must not of liked it because it ran a little rough. So I switched to the Motul 10w40 break-in oil for the last 250 miles and my engine ran a lot better. Drained that stuff out today and filled it up with some Motul Sport 5w40 and I'm going to wait another 500 miles before getting my car retuned by Ed. Definitely want to make sure my piston rings are fully seated before throwing it up on the dyno to get retuned.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Finally finished the break-in mileage which was 500 miles. For the first 250 miles I had that Amsoil SAE 30 break-in oil and my engine must not of liked it because it ran a little rough. So I switched to the Motul 10w40 break-in oil for the last 250 miles and my engine ran a lot better. Drained that stuff out today and filled it up with some Motul Sport 5w40 and I'm going to wait another 500 miles before getting my car retuned by Ed. Definitely want to make sure my piston rings are fully seated before throwing it up on the dyno to get retuned.
I sure am looking forward to when you're tuned.