GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

JerseyDrew's 2016 GTI S build, a.k.a. Jersey Devil

scrllock

Autocross Champion
I'm usually seeing 5.6bar+ WOT but that's on an E5LM that's not running maxed out duty cycle. Doesn't it max out at 92%? Maybe that's why Ed suggested an upgrade, fuel headroom is good.

daconchslop

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
ACS SE/Tech
PM4. I peak around 112psi and level off around 100psi. 4th gear pull
EDBA6543-0A26-4106-BC94-0AF0559033F1.jpeg

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
I pretty much need a PM4 now because my 450 has no pressure at low 400 whp. Not surprised a 525 can't keep up. I might be interested in it, I hear it has same dimensions as my 450 so should drop right in.
You'll be first in line when I go to sell it.

What about a Junkyard or salvage place ? Like wolfautoparts for example. Or eBay.
I was looking for a fast turnaround so anything online would take too long to get delivered.

That sucks ass. I was under the same impression that the 525 with a PM4 should be more than enough for an application like yours. Have you thought about doing the RS3 pump swap from A2B? That seems to be the pump of choice for the BT guys on Facebook. I’m all for supporting Pagparts and I love their stuff but damn is their brushless kit a pretty penny... Did you get a chance to Dragy it on that 2-4th pull?

Also that turbo is putting in work. 34PSI at 75% WG??
Read scrllock comment below regarding the RS3 pump. Arnold quoted me $1795 in a new basket and assembled with harness and controller. I went to use my Dragy on that pull but the battery was dead. I haven't used it in over 2 months but didn't think the battery would be drained. Apparently the damn thing doesn't stayed charged very long.

RS3 kit is pretty good if you're on a stock motor. I think it has some issues >550whp on e85 for some people. I have Arnold's brushless pump and it's nice but not as drivable as a walbro + torqbyte setup.

IMO look into adding a second 450/525, a single PM4 should be able to drive both.
What do you mean it's not as drivable? What kind of issues are you experiencing with it?

I might be dumb, but 72psi seems like more than enough fuel pressure.
See daconchslop comment below.

I don’t think you want LPFP to drop below 90psi on the top end.
I believe you are correct.

Dang Drew that sucks balls. I bet you had to change your drawers after you heard that sound after the WOT pull too! Hopefully these will be the last few things to nail down, but I hear your frustration, thinking that everything was good to go after the engine rebuild
Yep, the first thing that I thought of was my turbo. So this really narrows down my choices to only 2, Pag Parts brushless which is $1795 and rated to handle 750 - 800 whp or Precision Raceworks Stage 4 (dual 450) which is $1400 and rated to handle 1000+ whp. Either way I'm spending over a grand.

scrllock

Autocross Champion
What do you mean it's not as drivable? What kind of issues are you experiencing with it?

Yep, the first thing that I thought of was my turbo. So this really narrows down my choices to only 2, Pag Parts brushless which is $1795 and rated to handle 750 - 800 whp or Precision Raceworks Stage 4 (dual 450) which is $1400 and rated to handle 1000+ whp. Either way I'm spending over a grand.
The E5LM/BKS1000/veyron pump (Iroz/Innovate/PPT brushless kits) doesn't come with a check valve. Same issues you'd have if you upgraded to a 535, less restriction/more flow but you get weird pressure issues at startup sometimes, especially on e85. I'm working with Arnold to redo my lines with a high-flow in-line valve because it'll occasionally dip low enough to trigger a CEL (though pressure is always fine after it's running).
Stuff I'd say is fine for a racecar, not cool if you want to have someone else go drive your car without a bunch of warnings and explanations.
I don't know how reliable long-term using the OE controller retrofit is, I've been told the PM5 is the ideal solution but that's almost another grand on its own. Plus the battery drain seems excessive compared to the PM4. You get a lot more output than the OE controller can do though.

I had great luck running a PM4 + 2x450s on my last car, I would think you could just convert your current setup to run a second pump much more cheaply. I liked that much more than the Hobb's setup PR includes with their stage 4.

daconchslop

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
ACS SE/Tech
How does he like it?
He no longer had fueling issues, but he would have those random low pressure start issues like Scrllock mentioned. It wasn't long before he got into a FBO M240i with GC Turbo on E.

Escape Hatch

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
You'll be first in line when I go to sell it.

I was looking for a fast turnaround so anything online

So what's anther grand at this point? Haha