GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

JerseyDrew's 2016 GTI S build, a.k.a. Jersey Devil

Escape Hatch

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Lol... I swear, I think my car thinks I have a money tree in the backyard. Fucker just doesn't give me a break.
Wife stated calling my GTI my boat years ago. I got the hint and haven't dropped money into for a while. Now I buy new weapons.

ChrisMk77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 GTI Performance
Last edited:

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
Why not run a returnless surge tank mounted infront of the engine mount? No more fuelbasket limitation and fuel slosh issues, put a stock LPFP back in as it does not have to build pressure.

FST-R, Fuel Surge Tank with Integrated FPR (radiumauto.com)
That is very interesting! I will have to give them a call along with talking to Ed about this to see if this can be a solution to my problem. Thanks for finding this. Do you know of anybody that uses one?

ChrisMk77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 GTI Performance
That is very interesting! I will have to give them a call along with talking to Ed about this to see if this can be a solution to my problem. Thanks for finding this. Do you know of anybody that uses one?
Yes somebody in the Facebook groups but not sure where was going to run this with just a regular relay system but I think the PM4 would work with it.

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
Yes somebody in the Facebook groups but not sure where was going to run this with just a regular relay system but I think the PM4 would work with it.
Well, I don't have a FB account and never will. I would think a PM4 should be able to work with it. If a stock controller can then I don't see why a PM4 wouldn't.

Look up Andrew Sell on the big turbo group, he's running a pair of 525s in a surge tank, stock LPFP/controller in the bucket.
Since I don't have a stock LPFP/controller, I wonder if it will work with my 525 LPFP with a PM4 and another 525 in the surge tank.

Damn Facespace...tell those dudes come over here with the responsible adults. 😆
Exactly!

ChrisMk77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 GTI Performance
Well, I don't have a FB account and never will. I would think a PM4 should be able to work with it. If a stock controller can then I don't see why a PM4 wouldn't.

Since I don't have a stock LPFP/controller, I wonder if it will work with my 525 LPFP with a PM4 and another 525 in the surge tank.

Exactly!
If you plan on getting a new pump get the 535 without internal check valve and you can set the recirculating FPR in the surge tank to whatever PSI Ed would like.

Walbro 535LPH F90000295 Fuel Pump - (Universal E85 Ethanol) Ultra High-Performance - TI Automotive (walbrofuelpumps.com)

J Peterman

Go Kart Champion
Here’s the link:

Attachments

• FA16BBC5-969A-4B23-82AF-0D88F6901F38.png
    FA16BBC5-969A-4B23-82AF-0D88F6901F38.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 114

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
Apparently the word has been getting out about my lpfp issue because I got an email from Robert Preuss, owner of Precision Raceworks, saying that he was talking to Ed (EQT) about my car and that he wants to see if he can help sort it out for me. I have no clue how he even knows that Ed tunes my car because I don't think Robert is even on here or even lurks here.