GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

JerseyDrew's 2016 GTI S build, a.k.a. Jersey Devil

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
I sure am looking forward to when you're tuned.

Yep, me too. I have some R888R tires coming for my front summer wheels which I will be throwing on in a couple of weeks. What little wheel spin that I have, those tires should eliminate that.

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
Took my car out today for some highway driving to do some WOT pulls (sorry but no logs were taken) and see how things go and all I've got to say is, holy fuck this bitch pulls hard especially in the upper rpms and I haven't had it retuned yet! It feels good to have a healthy and strong engine compared to how it was before being built. Now I can't wait to have Ed retune it for more power!

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
I don’t know but because it’s diggs I’m assuming WOL at the end must be “without logs”... idk
Ah, that's right. I had to bust out my Diggs Thesaurus and look it up. Stands for "this thread is worthless without logs".

Diggs, I've got a nice fat, long log for you. Just you wait...

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
So the other night, when I did this 2nd - 4th gear WOT pull, immediately after I was done, I hear this loud whining noise coming from the engine. My initial thought was that the turbo just went on me. On my way home I tried flooring it and it worked just fine without any issues or codes popping up. When I got home and popped the hood, the sound was coming from the front of the engine down by the oil filter. The next day, I brought my car back to my buddy's shop, who rebuilt my engine, and he used his stethoscope to pinpoint where the sound was coming from and it's the alternator and this damn little thing isn't cheap. Retail price for a new one is $1000! $1000 for a fucking alternator??? I can't believe it costs that much for a damn alternator. A refurbished one, which I am getting, varies in cost from $400 to $700 and if bought online, it will take a while to be delivered so he ordered one from the local dealership which will arrive this Thursday or Friday. Then, on top of that, Ed reviewed my log and told me that my LPFP (Pag Parts 525) is at its limit and will hinder us from turning up the power. My car hasn't been retuned yet and is still on it's old tune. I thought the PP 525 pump was good to handle mid to high 500's hp but I guess not. So I talked to Arnold this morning and he is making some revisions to his 525 pump but told me that I need to go with his brushless pump. Great, so now more money I need to spend after just getting my car back not that long ago. Anyways, here's the log for your viewing, Diggs...

2nd - 4th gear WOT pull

Rare Ara S3

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 Audi S3, GTI
What about a Junkyard or salvage place ? Like wolfautoparts for example. Or eBay.

PowerDemon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI, Camaro ZL1
That sucks ass. I was under the same impression that the 525 with a PM4 should be more than enough for an application like yours. Have you thought about doing the RS3 pump swap from A2B? That seems to be the pump of choice for the BT guys on Facebook. I’m all for supporting Pagparts and I love their stuff but damn is their brushless kit a pretty penny... Did you get a chance to Dragy it on that 2-4th pull?

Also that turbo is putting in work. 34PSI at 75% WG??

1621355343579.png

scrllock

Autocross Champion
RS3 kit is pretty good if you're on a stock motor. I think it has some issues >550whp on e85 for some people. I have Arnold's brushless pump and it's nice but not as drivable as a walbro + torqbyte setup.

IMO look into adding a second 450/525, a single PM4 should be able to drive both.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Dang Drew that sucks balls. I bet you had to change your drawers after you heard that sound after the WOT pull too! Hopefully these will be the last few things to nail down, but I hear your frustration, thinking that everything was good to go after the engine rebuild